Sign in to follow this  
TopHATslash

New Xbox Announced

... (hardcore) Nintendo fans ... the Wii was the worst thing to happen to them ...

Actually, the opposite is true. It may not have a next-gen processor, but the concept was revolutionary (as shown by Sony's and Microsoft's attempt to copy it), which gained massive popularity in a short time. As a matter of fact, earlier this week I read that the Wii is by far the best selling console in the US, and it's not slowing down anytime soon. 15 Million Wii Fit units were sold in one year alone, and back in March, 50 million Wii consoles were sold.

In the last 9 weeks of the school year in Engineering, our class had no other projects to do, so we started playing Counter-Strike and Halo on the school computers and bringing in TVs and video games to waste time. There was one lucky person to have a 360 Elite, then a few PS3s, and some Wiis (one of them was our Engineering teacher's :D). By the end of the year, we were either playing Counter-Strike or Smash Bros. Brawl. So from what I saw, the graphics weren't the deciding factor, but the gameplay and fun factor.

By the way, I suck at Brawl. Much better at Mario Kart, though :)

... (hardcore) Nintendo fans ... the Wii was the worst thing to happen to them ...

Actually, the opposite is true. It may not have a next-gen processor, but the concept was revolutionary (as shown by Sony's and Microsoft's attempt to copy it), which gained massive popularity in a short time. As a matter of fact, earlier this week I read that the Wii is by far the best selling console in the US, and it's not slowing down anytime soon. 15 Million Wii Fit units were sold in one year alone, and back in March, 50 million Wii consoles were sold.

In the last 9 weeks of the school year in Engineering, our class had no other projects to do, so we started playing Counter-Strike and Halo on the school computers and bringing in TVs and video games to waste time. There was one lucky person to have a 360 Elite, then a few PS3s, and some Wiis (one of them was our Engineering teacher's :D). By the end of the year, we were either playing Counter-Strike or Smash Bros. Brawl. So from what I saw, the graphics weren't the deciding factor, but the gameplay and fun factor.

By the way, I suck at Brawl. Much better at Mario Kart, though :)

Yeah, lots of gamers may have Wiis, but which system has the games that more people are actually planning on getting?

Yeah, lots of gamers may have Wiis, but which system has the games that more people are actually planning on getting?

As I said, the Wii was bad for hardcore gamers as they get less AAA titles and more shovelware, for what I hear.

But I'm a bit of a Sony fanboy so don't take what I say too seriously :wink:

I think copying motion control was a bad decision for Sony and MS. Natal looks interesting and I think Sony's "wands" will better than the Wiimotes but nothing will ever beat a regular controller (except maybe keyboard and mouse).

As I said, the Wii was bad for hardcore gamers as they get less AAA titles and more shovelware, for what I hear.

But I'm a bit of a Sony fanboy so don't take what I say too seriously :wink:

I think copying motion control was a bad decision for Sony and MS. Natal looks interesting and I think Sony's "wands" will better than the Wiimotes but nothing will ever beat a regular controller (except maybe keyboard and mouse).

That's a great new thanks for sharing but one said that the links are broken but why i don't get it the links are not broken. I am new here so hi to all over here :)

That's a great new thanks for sharing but one said that the links are broken but why i don't get it the links are not broken. I am new here so hi to all over here :)

one said that the links are broken but why i don't get it the links are not broken.
Last edited by TopHATslash on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

one said that the links are broken but why i don't get it the links are not broken.
Last edited by TopHATslash on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boy, I just love quoting and bashing you, don't I? :wink:

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I think the motion controler/no controller system is going to be incredibly big, giving people who don't normally play games a chance to jump in and make couch potatoes actually work for their sniper headshots. It'll be a movement just like the iPhone and it's touchscreen (which I, being a fool, thought that was a bad idea).

I can imagine 10 years from now: "Back in my day, we only used buttons to play video games! Nowadays, you wipersnappers just wave your arms and jump around to play."

Oh, as for my opinion on the whole system, I think Sony has it right, assuming they'll put enough work into the hardware for it. Microsoft's concept sounds nice, but "no controller" may be too much. How are you going to reload, switch views, and pause the game? There has to be some controller. Nintendo's also going to be in a hole for the next two years or so developing their improved system.

Boy, I just love quoting and bashing you, don't I? :wink:

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I think the motion controler/no controller system is going to be incredibly big, giving people who don't normally play games a chance to jump in and make couch potatoes actually work for their sniper headshots. It'll be a movement just like the iPhone and it's touchscreen (which I, being a fool, thought that was a bad idea).

I can imagine 10 years from now: "Back in my day, we only used buttons to play video games! Nowadays, you wipersnappers just wave your arms and jump around to play."

Oh, as for my opinion on the whole system, I think Sony has it right, assuming they'll put enough work into the hardware for it. Microsoft's concept sounds nice, but "no controller" may be too much. How are you going to reload, switch views, and pause the game? There has to be some controller. Nintendo's also going to be in a hole for the next two years or so developing their improved system.

Bashing is fine by me, but I will bash you back :twisted:

Now, my main reason for disliking motion control is that if the PS3 and Xbox 360 turn into the Wii it means there will be less AAA games and more mini-game collections.

Sure, it will be fun to play with motion control. For 20 minutes. Then I'll start playing CoD again.

I think motion control won't be such a hit for the PS3 or Xbox 360 because it will be an add-on, which means you have to buy the system that's already more expensive than the Wii and then buy the pricey add-on (I think Natal will be very expensive).

And because it's an add-on it will only work with a handful of games. And only a few of them will be any good.

But as long as the motion control things are just add-ons I'm okay with it, but if Sony decides the next Playstation will primarily use motion control, I'll get and Xbox instead.

Bashing is fine by me, but I will bash you back :twisted:

Now, my main reason for disliking motion control is that if the PS3 and Xbox 360 turn into the Wii it means there will be less AAA games and more mini-game collections.

Sure, it will be fun to play with motion control. For 20 minutes. Then I'll start playing CoD again.

I think motion control won't be such a hit for the PS3 or Xbox 360 because it will be an add-on, which means you have to buy the system that's already more expensive than the Wii and then buy the pricey add-on (I think Natal will be very expensive).

And because it's an add-on it will only work with a handful of games. And only a few of them will be any good.

But as long as the motion control things are just add-ons I'm okay with it, but if Sony decides the next Playstation will primarily use motion control, I'll get and Xbox instead.