Tabou

Fixing A Damaged Photo

Tutorial Repair those old photos.

Click title to view: >> "Fixing A Damaged Photo"

-----------------------------------

Plug-in used.

]Threshold by Ed Harvey

AlphaMaskBrush by Simon Brown

Note: Alpha Mask Brush is no longer supported & may not work with the latest version of Paint.Net (3.5.6). Try using Alpha Mask Import instead. -- EER

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Updated links

As a beginner with Paint.net, I wonder around aimlessly for hours and days on end without any success. The tuts are full of error messages, the plug-ins don't work, the how to videos are to small to read, to fast to follow and the music is distracting. The only thing that I have learned is the exact same thing as Paint. I thought that I would be able to knock this important event coming up in the next few months out of the park by using Paint.net to produce a souvenir journal beyond my viewers/customers wildest expectations, but instead, I'm frustrated into tears with this program.

Start at the beginning. Press F1 in Paint.Net and read the online help files & documentation.

If a tut has an error message it is probably because one of the links is broken. Just mention it in the same thread and someone will point you to the correct place or fix the link.

The plugins do work.

We have no control over how users present videos.

I am also new to Paint.net and to me it sounds like you might not have unzipped them before saving them to the effects folder or you just did not save them to the effects folder. I found a nice thread stickied to the top of the forum page that told just how to download plugins and it worked like a charm for me. I to did not have good luck with the tutorials until I just played with the effects and layers,etc. and now I understand them a little better. Good luck and have patience.

I tried fixing this photo for my mom. It was in pretty bad shape as you can see and over 100 years old. Any tips for me to improve it?

th_img067png.png

I will probably scan it at a higher resolution and redo the job, now that I know a bit about this awesome program.

Any way to get to this tut? on google drive I am denied access. Or, are there any other tutorials on fixing damaged photos? I've some old snaps I'd like to repair. Thanks

Sign in to follow this