More Colors

I love the program, but unfortunately I have to use three other programs to do what I need to do with it. The problem is color palette size. 96 colors is a lot, but much of my work uses 200-250 colors. Is there a plugin or a config file somewhere where I can increase the palette to 16x16? Right now I have to import the images I'm editing into Graphics gale, export and manually convert the palette into pieces, then switch between the pieces in Paint.net... if I edit the colors (which is a pain in Graphics gale comparatively) I have to reverse those procedures to go back to graphics gale. A 16x16 palette would solve this issue and let me do nearly all of my spriting in PDN. Gimp and Photoshop are way overcomplicated for what I do and don't have the magnification my shaky old hands need hehe. I did find another post on this that died rather quickly and wasn't entirely relevant so I refrained from necro-posting it. Besides this may already be an un-announced future upgrade. Also, the new "Web-Smart" palette is 4097 colors (64x64+Blk) So moving to a larger palette would help web developers too. (I think the web safe palette is dead, actually) Anyways, Just wondering. My work requires consistent coloring across hundreds of tiny images and that's hard to do with a small palette.

I love the program, but unfortunately I have to use three other programs to do what I need to do with it. The problem is color palette size. 96 colors is a lot, but much of my work uses 200-250 colors. Is there a plugin or a config file somewhere where I can increase the palette to 16x16? Right now I have to import the images I'm editing into Graphics gale, export and manually convert the palette into pieces, then switch between the pieces in Paint.net... if I edit the colors (which is a pain in Graphics gale comparatively) I have to reverse those procedures to go back to graphics gale. A 16x16 palette would solve this issue and let me do nearly all of my spriting in PDN. Gimp and Photoshop are way overcomplicated for what I do and don't have the magnification my shaky old hands need hehe. I did find another post on this that died rather quickly and wasn't entirely relevant so I refrained from necro-posting it. Besides this may already be an un-announced future upgrade. Also, the new "Web-Smart" palette is 4097 colors (64x64+Blk) So moving to a larger palette would help web developers too. (I think the web safe palette is dead, actually) Anyways, Just wondering. My work requires consistent coloring across hundreds of tiny images and that's hard to do with a small palette.

Just as LFC4EVER said, you can create your own palette and use the color picker to select any of the colors.

Here's how you could do it:

1. Make a grid on a white or transparent canvas (say 16x16 if you wish 256 colors)

2. Fill each cell with a colour of your choice using the fill tool: :PaintBucketTool:

3. Save the image.

When you want to use the palette, use the "Layer >> Import from file" option to load the palette into a new layer. Click the color picker :ColorPicker: on the cell whose color you wish to select (left click = set Primary color, right click = set secondary color). Simply toggle the palette layer visibility off to view the image or when saving.

Just as LFC4EVER said, you can create your own palette and use the color picker to select any of the colors.

Here's how you could do it:

1. Make a grid on a white or transparent canvas (say 16x16 if you wish 256 colors)

2. Fill each cell with a colour of your choice using the fill tool: :PaintBucketTool:

3. Save the image.

When you want to use the palette, use the "Layer >> Import from file" option to load the palette into a new layer. Click the color picker :ColorPicker: on the cell whose color you wish to select (left click = set Primary color, right click = set secondary color). Simply toggle the palette layer visibility off to view the image or when saving.