Transparent Sonic Sig tut

yy10

Hello! Today, this is what we're going to make:

sonicsig-1.png

iT doesn't only have to be Sonic, you can also use Mario, Sora...but I like Sonic and this tut is based on it.

anyway, this is how to make it:

:AddNewLayer: 1.Create a new blank image, set it to about 500x400.

2. Fill the whole layer with blue.(or any other colour you want, but make it a bright colour).

blue.gif

3. Distort it. Make it in half, on the other half, fill it with Black.

blue-1.gif

4. Go to effects>distort >frosted glass. Maximum 200, minimum,0 smoothness 1. Then do that again for 2 times. It should look a bit like this.

blue-2.gif

5. Go to effects>blur>motin blur. set Angle 90, distance 100.

blue-3.gif

6. go to effects>photo>sharpen. change it to full settings. repeat that for 5 times.

blue-4.gif

7. :AddNewLayer: Add a new layer. fill the whole of it with black.

8. go to effects>noise>add noise. Intensity 100, saturation 0,and coverage 100. Repeat that for 2 times.

blue-5.gif

9. go to effects>blur>motion blur. ange 90, distance 101.

blue-6.gif

10. Choose the colour blue. Go to effects>render>clouds. Scale 1000, roughness 1, blend mode colour burn.

blue-7.gif

11. Merge the layer.s. So now u only have 1 layer.

12. :AddNewLayer: Add a new layer.

13. Add a rounded rectangle that's like that.

blue-8.gif

14. use the magic wand to select the area outside the rounded rectange.

15. click on the bottom layer and click on delete.

blue-9.gif

16. Delete the top layer.

17. Find an image as to put on your sig. here is the one i used:

104_77389_sonic0903sonic.jpg

18. :AddNewLayer: add a new layer

19. Paste it onto your pdn image. rememer to NoT expand canvas size.

20. delete the background of your image so only the image itself will remain.'

blue-10.png

21. merge layer down. so now you only have 1 layer.

22. do some glow, (effects>photo>glow) radius 9, brightness -100, contrast 100.

blue-11.png

23. done! you can also add some custom brushes if you want, here is what i ended u with after adding some custom brushes.

sonicsig-1.png

hope you like this tut! You can also do it with some other images and not just sonic!!!!!!!!! :P

And sorry if this has already been poseted, didn't check carefully

deviantART

sigs n stuff

Hello! Today, this is what we're going to make:

sonicsig-1.png

iT doesn't only have to be Sonic, you can also use Mario, Sora...but I like Sonic and this tut is based on it.

anyway, this is how to make it:

:AddNewLayer: 1.Create a new blank image, set it to about 500x400.

2. Fill the whole layer with blue.(or any other colour you want, but make it a bright colour).

blue.gif

3. Distort it. Make it in half, on the other half, fill it with Black.

blue-1.gif

4. Go to effects>distort >frosted glass. Maximum 200, minimum,0 smoothness 1. Then do that again for 2 times. It should look a bit like this.

blue-2.gif

5. Go to effects>blur>motin blur. set Angle 90, distance 100.

blue-3.gif

6. go to effects>photo>sharpen. change it to full settings. repeat that for 5 times.

blue-4.gif

7. :AddNewLayer: Add a new layer. fill the whole of it with black.

8. go to effects>noise>add noise. Intensity 100, saturation 0,and coverage 100. Repeat that for 2 times.

blue-5.gif

9. go to effects>blur>motion blur. ange 90, distance 101.

blue-6.gif

10. Choose the colour blue. Go to effects>render>clouds. Scale 1000, roughness 1, blend mode colour burn.

blue-7.gif

11. Merge the layer.s. So now u only have 1 layer.

12. :AddNewLayer: Add a new layer.

13. Add a rounded rectangle that's like that.

blue-8.gif

14. use the magic wand to select the area outside the rounded rectange.

15. click on the bottom layer and click on delete.

blue-9.gif

16. Delete the top layer.

17. Find an image as to put on your sig. here is the one i used:

104_77389_sonic0903sonic.jpg

18. :AddNewLayer: add a new layer

19. Paste it onto your pdn image. rememer to NoT expand canvas size.

20. delete the background of your image so only the image itself will remain.'

blue-10.png

21. merge layer down. so now you only have 1 layer.

22. do some glow, (effects>photo>glow) radius 9, brightness -100, contrast 100.

blue-11.png

23. done! you can also add some custom brushes if you want, here is what i ended u with after adding some custom brushes.

sonicsig-1.png

hope you like this tut! You can also do it with some other images and not just sonic!!!!!!!!! :P

And sorry if this has already been poseted, didn't check carefully

deviantART

sigs n stuff

Aha , brilliant .. So that's how it's done I've been waiting for someone to come up with a tutorial . Thank you so much :P I went and tried to make something so here's my result , the only problem I had was with deleting the background when I did that the head was cut off so I just ended up merging it down ..

CA12.png

Aha , brilliant .. So that's how it's done I've been waiting for someone to come up with a tutorial . Thank you so much :P I went and tried to make something so here's my result , the only problem I had was with deleting the background when I did that the head was cut off so I just ended up merging it down ..

CA12.png

Keep in mind, this is WAY too big for a sig on this forum, at least as demonstrated. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Keep in mind, this is WAY too big for a sig on this forum, at least as demonstrated. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Well, I'm sorry that you think that it's WAY too big for a sig in a forum, but to me, it isn't.

David said its to big for a sig on THIS forum which is just stating one of the rules, not his personal opinion.

Right now constructive criticism, not a bad tutorial although your end product doesn't look that similar to the picture you showed at first, and also you missed out the step of making the bottom half of sonic semi transparent so you can see the box thing behind it.

So if your willing too id recommend tweaking it so it looks a little more like the original thing and adding in that final step.

Citylife.png

Well, I'm sorry that you think that it's WAY too big for a sig in a forum, but to me, it isn't.

David said its to big for a sig on THIS forum which is just stating one of the rules, not his personal opinion.

Right now constructive criticism, not a bad tutorial although your end product doesn't look that similar to the picture you showed at first, and also you missed out the step of making the bottom half of sonic semi transparent so you can see the box thing behind it.

So if your willing too id recommend tweaking it so it looks a little more like the original thing and adding in that final step.

Citylife.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...