Small Problem with abr viewer.

I`ve had the abr viewer for some time now and I have downloaded and installed plenty of brushes. One thing I have never been able to understand is if the file I have downloaded is an Abr file the viewer won`t see it. Brushes downloaded in zip files - fine. Abr files - no go.

I can install the file straight into Gimp and start using the brushes there straight away , but I would rather be using them in PDN.

Any ideas?

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

I`ve had the abr viewer for some time now and I have downloaded and installed plenty of brushes. One thing I have never been able to understand is if the file I have downloaded is an Abr file the viewer won`t see it. Brushes downloaded in zip files - fine. Abr files - no go.

I can install the file straight into Gimp and start using the brushes there straight away , but I would rather be using them in PDN.

Any ideas?

Tried that but even though I saved as a PNG file all I got when I tried using it was a solid white square . In the Custom Brush menu it looks OK - it`s only when I go to use it that the problem occurs. :?

Just tried again. The problem was the size of the image. First time out it was 1024x768 which was far too big. I cut it down to 100x75 and it worked first time. :)

Still doesn`t explain why the abr viewer can`t see abr files though. :?

Tried that but even though I saved as a PNG file all I got when I tried using it was a solid white square . In the Custom Brush menu it looks OK - it`s only when I go to use it that the problem occurs. :?

Just tried again. The problem was the size of the image. First time out it was 1024x768 which was far too big. I cut it down to 100x75 and it worked first time. :)

Still doesn`t explain why the abr viewer can`t see abr files though. :?

As I mentioned, if the download is an abr file on its own ( not zipped or anything) the viewer won`t see it in the Downloads section. So I can`t convert through the program. When I do convert files I set the size to 500.

I`ve never had a problem if the brushes have been in a zip file.I just extract the file, open the viewer and navigate easily to the file and convert. It`s these unzipped abr files that are the problem.

As I mentioned, if the download is an abr file on its own ( not zipped or anything) the viewer won`t see it in the Downloads section. So I can`t convert through the program. When I do convert files I set the size to 500.

I`ve never had a problem if the brushes have been in a zip file.I just extract the file, open the viewer and navigate easily to the file and convert. It`s these unzipped abr files that are the problem.