Vortex Effect

yy10

Hello! Today, I will show you how to make a kind of text effect that will look like some kinda vortex thing.

here is the result:

vortextext.png

Hope you like it!

1. Open a new image. size it about 400x400

2. Add the text.

vortexaddtest.gif

3. Use the magix wand tool and select only the text. After that, do a gradient of the colour of the text on it.

vortexaddtestgradient.gif

4. Use a Gaussian Blur(Effects>Blur>Gaussian Blur). Set it to 7

vortexaddtestgradientblur.gif

5. set the magic wand way high. And select all the canvas with it.

6. Do a Twist(Effects>Distort>Twist). Set amount -18.47. Size 1.04 and quality 5.

vortexaddtestgradientblurtwist.gif

7. Duplicate the layer. Uncheck the top layer's box. So it will now look invisible.

8. on the bottom layer, go to Adjustments>Brightness Contrast. Change it to full settings so it would look white.

9. Go to effects>noise>add noise. Set Intensity 100, saturation 0 and coverage 100. Go to effects and repeat it for 2 times.

vortexaddtestgradientblurtwistnoise.gif

10. Go to effects>blur>motion blur. Angle 25, distance 27.

vortexaddtestgradientblurtwistno-1.gif

11. change the colour to black and to some clouds(effects>render>clouds). scale 250, roughness 0.50, blend mode colour burn.

vortexaddtestgradientblurtwistno-2.gif

12. Check the first layer's box. So it will be visible again. On the first layer, use the magix wand and select only the area outside the text.

13. Click on the bottom layer and click on delete. It should look the same.

14. On the top layer, change the layer blend mode to anything you want. I used Overlay to do this one and here it what I got.

vortexaddtestgradientblurtwistno-3.gif

15. Merger the layers down. So you only have 1 layer now.

16. Add some curves, here is mine.

curvesvortex.gif

17. Done!

Here are some others I made:

vortexred.pngvortexblur.png

deviantART

sigs n stuff

Hello! Today, I will show you how to make a kind of text effect that will look like some kinda vortex thing.

here is the result:

vortextext.png

Hope you like it!

1. Open a new image. size it about 400x400

2. Add the text.

vortexaddtest.gif

3. Use the magix wand tool and select only the text. After that, do a gradient of the colour of the text on it.

vortexaddtestgradient.gif

4. Use a Gaussian Blur(Effects>Blur>Gaussian Blur). Set it to 7

vortexaddtestgradientblur.gif

5. set the magic wand way high. And select all the canvas with it.

6. Do a Twist(Effects>Distort>Twist). Set amount -18.47. Size 1.04 and quality 5.

vortexaddtestgradientblurtwist.gif

7. Duplicate the layer. Uncheck the top layer's box. So it will now look invisible.

8. on the bottom layer, go to Adjustments>Brightness Contrast. Change it to full settings so it would look white.

9. Go to effects>noise>add noise. Set Intensity 100, saturation 0 and coverage 100. Go to effects and repeat it for 2 times.

vortexaddtestgradientblurtwistnoise.gif

10. Go to effects>blur>motion blur. Angle 25, distance 27.

vortexaddtestgradientblurtwistno-1.gif

11. change the colour to black and to some clouds(effects>render>clouds). scale 250, roughness 0.50, blend mode colour burn.

vortexaddtestgradientblurtwistno-2.gif

12. Check the first layer's box. So it will be visible again. On the first layer, use the magix wand and select only the area outside the text.

13. Click on the bottom layer and click on delete. It should look the same.

14. On the top layer, change the layer blend mode to anything you want. I used Overlay to do this one and here it what I got.

vortexaddtestgradientblurtwistno-3.gif

15. Merger the layers down. So you only have 1 layer now.

16. Add some curves, here is mine.

curvesvortex.gif

17. Done!

Here are some others I made:

vortexred.pngvortexblur.png

deviantART

sigs n stuff

it just seems way too simple. text > gradient > twist > noise > motion blur > clouds > curves.

how is that not easy, and how could someone not think how to do that on their own?

sorry if it sounds like biting, but it just looks way too easy.

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

it just seems way too simple. text > gradient > twist > noise > motion blur > clouds > curves.

how is that not easy, and how could someone not think how to do that on their own?

sorry if it sounds like biting, but it just looks way too easy.

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

Yeah, take a look at the Tutorial posting guidelines. 5a, 6, 6a, and 7 should be focused on (Polar Inversion and Twist are fairly similar).

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Yeah, take a look at the Tutorial posting guidelines. 5a, 6, 6a, and 7 should be focused on (Polar Inversion and Twist are fairly similar).

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.