Help with smudging (tutorial request)

I got the smudge plug-in some time ago but I could never find out how to make cool effects with it like I see in a lot of sigs.

There was a community guide to smudging here but it died a long time ago and I can't find any other tutorial for smudging.

I would love it if someone either revived the old topic or made a new one. You could add good brushes to use for smudging, where to find them and a lot of different techniques etc.

Btw I'm not completely sure I'm posting this in the right place. If I'm not then I'm very sorry.

I got the smudge plug-in some time ago but I could never find out how to make cool effects with it like I see in a lot of sigs.

There was a community guide to smudging here but it died a long time ago and I can't find any other tutorial for smudging.

I would love it if someone either revived the old topic or made a new one. You could add good brushes to use for smudging, where to find them and a lot of different techniques etc.

Btw I'm not completely sure I'm posting this in the right place. If I'm not then I'm very sorry.

Actually, my friend, there is a thread dedicated to custom brushes, and Simon Brown, one of our best plug-in writers, have developed a mini custom brush app to use. Search for those and you will find a treasure trove of brushes for use. :wink:

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Actually, my friend, there is a thread dedicated to custom brushes, and Simon Brown, one of our best plug-in writers, have developed a mini custom brush app to use. Search for those and you will find a treasure trove of brushes for use. :wink:

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Storm.Shadow, Smudge and Custom Brushes are completely different entities. Just because they both allow external brushes to be used does not mean there is any overlapping functionality.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Storm.Shadow, Smudge and Custom Brushes are completely different entities. Just because they both allow external brushes to be used does not mean there is any overlapping functionality.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Download normal brushes/smudge brushes from dA and put them in Paint.NET User Files like you do when you install brushes for Custom brushes. Then just practice smudging. Try different mouse movements and see what looks good. Smudging isn't just simply dragging and going crazy with the mouse (its fun, i know) .. its a hell of a lot more.

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Download normal brushes/smudge brushes from dA and put them in Paint.NET User Files like you do when you install brushes for Custom brushes. Then just practice smudging. Try different mouse movements and see what looks good. Smudging isn't just simply dragging and going crazy with the mouse (its fun, i know) .. its a hell of a lot more.

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

Well technically it is, but by dragging in my post before i meant like draggin the mouse from one side of the canvas to another. You can move your mouse in small circles.. sort of like the movement of a shape of a spring. Thats just to start with, you can do much more. ;)

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

Well technically it is, but by dragging in my post before i meant like draggin the mouse from one side of the canvas to another. You can move your mouse in small circles.. sort of like the movement of a shape of a spring. Thats just to start with, you can do much more. ;)

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆