Possum Roadkill Gallery

Possum Roadkill

@ Chrisco Thanks ! I like your new sig !

Possum, we are at the age where our forgettery is so much better now. I rarely remember how I did something. I get caught up in the process of creation with little regard to trying to remember the steps I took.

I'm more that way on abstracts more than anything else. I hardly ever start out working to make an abstract, they just happen. I get distracted by something unexpected with a plugin or technique and off I go into making an abstract. Hence the reason I can't ever remember exactly what I did to create it. I've tried to set down an create an abstract and they always turn out really awful. I need a DVR implanted in my brain so I can record what I'm doing.

This is just something I did for the New Year. I saw a magazine cover that I really liked and started to create a version of it but ended up distracted and came up with this instead. ADHD can be a frustrating thing, but it can also lead to unexpected destinations. :P

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Possum%20Art/2010_2011.jpg

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone !! I appreciate it very much. I've gotten behind again in posting my latest. If I don't lose power in this storm I'll try to update things this week. In the mean time, I have brought back the Photo Manipulation Comp, so if anyone is interested you can check it out here..... Photo Manip Comp

• 1 month later...

These are two of the pieces I've done recently using Sculptris. The 3D objects were created using that program and were assembled and modified in Paint.Net.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Possum%20Art/HotPeppers.png http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Possum%20Art/SeaTurtleEscape.png

The first one is red chili peppers and really doesn't have a title. The second one is two sea turtles escaping from a tiger shark and is called, "Sea Turtle Escape".

I hope you enjoy them ! If you are interested in trying Sculptris, you can find it HERE. It's a free program based on the idea of modeling clay in a digital medium. It is very fun and addictive ! :P

@ Helen, what's a "bajoley" ? :lol:

@ Chrisco Thanks ! :D

@ Barbieq, Yes, I've been posting them on there and they seem to be popular with my friends. I like to keep them guessing. :lol:

This is one of my latest. I was inspired by a version of "Somewhere over the rainbow" at the end of a "Scrubs" episode.

@ Helen, Thank you so much. Creating these pieces gives me much pleasure and to know that it brings a smile to someone's face makes that pleasure so much sweeter!

@ Barbieq Thanks for always being there to give me a lift !

@ Chrsico, It certainly is interesting to see where people get inspiration for a specific piece of art. For months I really struggled to find inspiration in anything and my artwork really suffered from the loss of my muse. It's funny how this program has brought my muse back to me. I hope that it soon will overflow to my Paint.net work and I'll get back on track. It's great for me that I still have Paint.net to rely on to assemble the Sculptris pieces and create appropriate backgrounds for them.

And that brings me to my latest piece, "Dragons Walk". All the pieces with the exception of the sun, sky, and clouds in the background were created in Sculptris. It was all assembled in Paint.Net and the background elements were added. I hope you enjoy it !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent Sculptris work mate. Very inspiring for me to download it again

I can't wait to see what you come up with. It's a blast to use. Here is my latest WIP.