Possum Roadkill Gallery

Possum Roadkill

Wow...I never would have thought of that. Being a critical critic and a perfectionist, though, I have a few suggestions for improvement. (you should feel honored! This is the only gallery I've posted anything on ;) )

1. I'm not sure about the style of art, but you did a great job imitating professional versions of the style. I would like to say, though, this type of art is intended to be less about realism than you made it. (that is a compliment...just saying you made some parts a little too realistic for that style o.o ) If you could find a way to make the quality of each part a little more even, it would be perfect. For example, the eyes, though the best I've ever seen, are a little out of place because of their awesomeness. They are on top of a blurry grungy texture which is on top of a shine that looks like something you would see in an HQ real life photo of a solar eclipse. Then the background is this plain black image with a bunch of cartoon stars. The realistic parts really take away from the rest of the image if you see what I mean. The other parts would be great if the entire image matched their style.

2. Red stars?

That's all I've got. Nice work. It really amazes me how you made those eyes...and the bright light. Keep up the good work!

PS I made a new text tutorial for you to look at...finally XD Check my sig

I think you have made some very valid points. I'm looking through your comments and may rework the image. I have been bothered with the stars anyway, and you have given me an idea I want to pursue. Thanks !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Creating space nebulae with Apophysis is awfully difficult... I always get distracted and make something completely different. :blank:

And the different variations to chose from are so cryptically named, I always have to try them all to see what they do.

• 2 weeks later...

Creating space nebulae with Apophysis is awfully difficult... I always get distracted and make something completely different. :blank:

And the different variations to chose from are so cryptically named, I always have to try them all to see what they do.

Yes, I have had that same problem. It's a great program to experiment with. I could make the nebulae without it, but it does add a little something different into the mix.

@ Chrisco, you have made some really great fractal works !

I have just made a major update to my gallery's new works section on page 1. I got a little behind on updating it so I have added 14 recent pieces I have done over the past few months. Hope you enjoy.....

• 1 month later...

sorry Possum..I completely missed your updated gallery :(

what a refreshing gallery you have.."froggie jump" and "pet swordfish" are just sooooooo imaginative..very very clever :D

"water to wine"..now why didn't I see that in a recent comp. on typography? looks great.

"ghosts of the ice age" is my personal fav. love the pale colors..can almost feel the chill..very nicely done Possum.. :star:

regards j.d.

th_InsideTheNebula.png

I like the feel of this one. The colours & the textures are fantastic! The way some bits look so glassy or like they are being time warped is superb. I did miss this one but I got them now :mrviolet:

th_StillLifeMarbleTable.png

Just look at the marble table! That is the best marble texture I have seen. The bevel & the slight curve very real. So is the wood. I love the way you done the sunflowers & how the pattern repeats in the image. The vase sets the flowers off very well. It's a very happy image & it is not at all "still". A truly beautiful image!

Ghosts of the Ice Age if I remember correctly was a comp entry & a really well constructed image. Good one!

The 3D Shapes is great. I like how the base is in layers & your name fits into them, like a possum perching on them. Love the colours in it too. Well done!

You gallery is always a pleasure to visit. Each image has so much going on & it is well worth the time to look for longer. A feast for the eyes.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

@ JD and Barbieq Thanks ! I'm really glad you stopped by my gallery ! I thought everyone had forgotten about it. :lol:

JD, the Water to Wine was for the WOTW a few months ago. I won that comp. :D It was the very first time I ever did a typography and I loved doing it. That's a style I would love to do more of. I'm glad you like Ghosts of the Ice Age, to be honest it's one of my favorites too. It was for one of the comps and I had the initial idea right off the bat. It was much harder to do than I envisioned it in my head. I seem to do that a lot. :) My imagination outpaces my abilities pretty often. :lol: I won the comp with that one as well.

Barbieq, The Out of the Nebula is one that I just kept working on and adding stuff to it and ended up with one of those happy accidents. :lol: I'm glad you appreciate the still life. I was really proud of that one and when I posted it it didn't get much notice. I was trying to capture a Mission style table but with a marble top. I have some really beautiful marble top tables in our home and the marble is loosely based on the marble on them. I have always loved marble as far back as I can remember. Paint.net is the first program that I have used that I could create a convincing marble texture. I have several that I have never used. It's just fun trying to come up with all the different looks that marble has. The 3D object piece was the first one I did where I finally used the Trail plugin with some level of success. For the life of me, I can't figure out how I got the colors to come out like that on the 3D part of the Possum text.

I appreciate you stopping by :D Please stop by as often as you like.

This is an abstract I did from a tut I found on the internet.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Possum%20Art/GradientCircles3.png

Love the abstract, could you link to the tut please?

Sure, it's a GIMP tut so you will have to make some substitutions. I did one in GIMP to figure it out and then did this one and another in Paint.net. It's really a pretty easy tut but has a really cool look to it.

Cool Circle Light Effect

QUOTE;I made the mistake of making an image for my wife that is far too big of a view. It's over 50 hours and counting on the render on one of my old computers. If she hadn't of seen it, I would have cancelled the render long ago, but she thought it was so pretty I have just let it keep on going. It's an amazing program, but needs some improvement on the render speed. Next time I will not try to do such a wide view on it and zoom way in. It could be a really fun program if they speed up the render time. Otherwise, I don't have the 50 or 60 hours to wait for an image like that.

hi Possum..just remembered this..did you ever get it finished?..any chance of a peep at it. B)

(couldn't find your gallery on fans to post this ..sorry!)

regards j.d.

QUOTE;I made the mistake of making an image for my wife that is far too big of a view. It's over 50 hours and counting on the render on one of my old computers. If she hadn't of seen it, I would have cancelled the render long ago, but she thought it was so pretty I have just let it keep on going. It's an amazing program, but needs some improvement on the render speed. Next time I will not try to do such a wide view on it and zoom way in. It could be a really fun program if they speed up the render time. Otherwise, I don't have the 50 or 60 hours to wait for an image like that.

hi Possum..just remembered this..did you ever get it finished?..any chance of a peep at it. B)

(couldn't find your gallery on fans to post this ..sorry!)

regards j.d.

:D I had forgotten about that. I know I have it somewhere. Oh ! Here it is ! :D

hearts2.png

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to get a printout of your stuff? I want a massive goats of the apocalypse in my room... :wtf:

Sure. Here is the link to my DA page of it. Feel free to have a poster made if you want. I would think you could have it printed at Kinko's.

DA-Goats