stationary clone tool sample

dumptruck

Is there a way to have the clone tool use a stationary sample area or is there a brush that samples an area that you can paint with?

The problem I am having is having the edges of images (faces/skin especially) washed out on white backgrounds. In order to re use the image I have to create skin tone or such from scratch and it generally looks like bloody potato.

I did searches but didn't come up with anything.

29615_a786dc11caccc4b74b20181ffae4a2a9

Is there a way to have the clone tool use a stationary sample area or is there a brush that samples an area that you can paint with?

The problem I am having is having the edges of images (faces/skin especially) washed out on white backgrounds. In order to re use the image I have to create skin tone or such from scratch and it generally looks like bloody potato.

I did searches but didn't come up with anything.

[attachment=0]face wash out.jpg[/attachment]

Try Simon's Custom Brushes plugin.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Try Simon's Custom Brushes plugin.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

That one's not censored. Do you have a problem with it? We can add it if you like.

That one's not censored. Do you have a problem with it? We can add it if you like.

Well, bloody potato still seems like an offensive word, it's effectively a offensive substitute for another offensive word :)

I don't have a problem with it myself, but I thought for a family-friendly forum it'd be blocked.

Well, bloody potato still seems like an offensive word, it's effectively a offensive substitute for another offensive word :)

I don't have a problem with it myself, but I thought for a family-friendly forum it'd be blocked.

It's fairly benign in the US. On the level of "Darn" or "Heck." I use it in front of my mom. :-P

It's fairly benign in the US. On the level of "Darn" or "Heck." I use it in front of my mom. :-P

I would have to agree. Leave it unless someone really has a problem.

On Topic:

Using Custom Brushes, you would just need to make your source image a brush and it will do exactly what you are looking for.

Custom Brushes Mini v1.0 <--preferred

Custom Brushes Plugin 5.1.5

Converting Photoshop Brushes | Brush-Creation Tutorials

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

I would have to agree. Leave it unless someone really has a problem.

On Topic:

Using Custom Brushes, you would just need to make your source image a brush and it will do exactly what you are looking for.

Custom Brushes Mini v1.0 <--preferred

Custom Brushes Plugin 5.1.5

Converting Photoshop Brushes | Brush-Creation Tutorials

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

I'm not at a PDN equipped machine at the moment: can someone tell me if holding down the CTRL key holds the clone stamp selection in place as your continue to stamp?

I'm not at a PDN equipped machine at the moment: can someone tell me if holding down the CTRL key holds the clone stamp selection in place as your continue to stamp?

Ah, OK. Thanks Benji2.

I wonder if this feature would be useful? Another key combo would produce a non-moving selection for the clone stamp tool?

Ah, OK. Thanks Benji2.

I wonder if this feature would be useful? Another key combo would produce a non-moving selection for the clone stamp tool?