light and shadow

Xander_Lyon

It is possible, just nobody would want to do it, it's way too complicated, even if you selected the area, it would still have to somehow know the shape, which is usually defined by lighting, I mean you would spend more time coding then it would save time from users and for such complicated codes it would take 1 min. (rough estimating) to run.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

We're talking about the possibility of recreating a ray tracing utility in PDN, and I just can't see that happening.

It's not just the ray tracing, but the whole 3D modelling environment that need to be reproduced. I did look (briefly) at this, but quickly gave up as it's very daunting indeed!

If you really, really need to model 3D object with accurate lighting I suggest POV or a similar utility.

We're talking about the possibility of recreating a ray tracing utility in PDN, and I just can't see that happening.

It's not just the ray tracing, but the whole 3D modelling environment that need to be reproduced. I did look (briefly) at this, but quickly gave up as it's very daunting indeed!

If you really, really need to model 3D object with accurate lighting I suggest POV or a similar utility.