Sign in to follow this  
Paint By Numbers

.NET Framework Disc

First off...

I realize that this post may garner me some harsh rebukes and possibly even calls for my ostracism, however, I'm willing to weather the verbal slings and arrows because, quite frankly... I'm Googled Out, Google Headed and Bug-Googly eyed. :shock:

I am aware that "This is NOT a tech support forum" (Rick Brewster), and the list of helpful sites to visit is most encompassing (BoltBait) but I beg your indulgence as my question goes to the very heart of Paint.Net... which is to say, more specifically the .NET Framework itself.

To put it simply... I want to create a .Net Archive Disc, to have for my files (and use in an impending Clean Install that I'm not really looking forward to).

I know exactly where the files are... I'm just not sure exactly of their order...

I have been all over the web (hence my state of Googleness) and found conflicting opinions regarding which versions you do or do not need because the next version does or does not include all previously released material.

If anyone is able to shed some light on this for me (such as in the form of a simple list) you have my deepest thanks.

PBN

What you want is the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 full download package.

This page has both the normal and full download, the latter of which is essentially hidden half-way down the page: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... da479ab0d7

Here's a direct link to the file you want, which is about 250MB if I remember right: http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... etfx35.exe (all I did was copy the URL from the page I just mentioned)

It is that large because it is "one size fits all" for Windows XP, Vista, Server, 32-bit, 64-bit, and even Itanium. It's designed so that IT/Network administrators only have 1 file they have to track down and worry about. It's also great for CD archiving!

Ego Eram Reputo / Rick Brewster

Gentlemen:

I held off posting a thank you for awhile because I felt that having "Rick's Red Name" (see... it works) showing up in the Last Post column might draw more attention to what I consider to be a valuable addition to everyone's file collection.

That said...

It has now been a full weekend since my original post and to hold off any longer could possibly be misconstrued as ingratitude for the assistance I received from both of you.

So without further ado... Thank You!

...back to the shadows I go...

PBN