Sign in to follow this  
Sliverlight

Do you believe in the stuff on 2012?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in the stuff on 2012?

• Yes, we should be worrying bout it.
    • No, total hoax/fake.
    • I don't care;I got better things to worry about.
    • I don't know/Never heard of it.

There's a bunch of stuff about the year 2012. If you haven't heard 2012 is the year when the Earth is coming into an end. Some people are like ZOMG ZOMG WERE ALLL GONNNAAA DDDIIIIEE. Other people are like Who cares its fake.

Post your ideas about 2012. I think its just a fake except for the solar thingy. That is really gonna happen. (It's from the news and the science ppl. =P)Stupid solar waves.

Note: They even have a movie on it--->> http://www.whowillsurvive2012.com/

Lolz, ZOMG 2012.

Mass hysteria is bad, why are people looking for reasons for mass hysteria, when there is no good reason for it? We heard the same thing about the large hedron collider, nobody died because of that, right. Actually I'm more interested in the date 11-11-2011, I wish I could have experienced 11-11-1111 or 11-11-111 or 11-11-11, that would be cool, but 2012, who cares?

Yawn...

The whole business with the world ending in 2012 is due to the fact that the Mayan calendar has nothing past the year 2012...

So?Maybe they didn't have time to finish making it?Maybe they didn't want to make it that far ahead...Seriously...

This is what I got from Wikipedia:

December 21 - The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, notably used by the pre-Columbian Maya civilization among others, completes its thirteenth b'ak'tun, or 144,000-day-long sub-cycle, since the starting point of the calendar's current era, which has been equated to August 11, 3114 BC in the proleptic Gregorian calendar. The ending of this sub-cycle has become central to 2012 doomsday prediction, though academic research does not indicate that the Maya themselves attached any particular 'doomsday' significance to it.

I've already seen "Palin for 2012" bumper stickers...

If the world DOES end in 2012, that would suck; I would just be out of high school... :(

Mass hysteria is bad, why are people looking for reasons for mass hysteria, when there is no good reason for it? We heard the same thing about the large hedron collider, nobody died because of that, right. Actually I'm more interested in the date 11-11-2011, I wish I could have experienced 11-11-1111 or 11-11-111 or 11-11-11, that would be cool, but 2012, who cares?

At least we`ll be around for 12/12/12 - hopefully! :lol: .

It`ll be the last time a date like this will occur for some time. (Can`t be bothered to work out how long)

This is what I got from Wikipedia:

December 21 - The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, notably used by the pre-Columbian Maya civilization among others, completes its thirteenth b'ak'tun, or 144,000-day-long sub-cycle, since the starting point of the calendar's current era, which has been equated to August 11, 3114 BC in the proleptic Gregorian calendar. The ending of this sub-cycle has become central to 2012 doomsday prediction, though academic research does not indicate that the Maya themselves attached any particular 'doomsday' significance to it.

I rest my case.

It's all to do with different interpreations...

My Interpretation-They stopped making it...

Some people's Interpretation-Why did they stop making it?OH NO...DOOMSDAY!!!

I saw a cartoon while researching this and the guy is standing next to the calendar and the chieftain asks why it stops in 2012, the artist says " I ran out of stone".

Hoo Haw ! Uh.... cough...cough...ummm, I guess you had to see it. :roll:

If you haven't heard 2012 is the year when the Earth is coming into an end.

It's called the London Olympics and it isn't going to be that bad, thank you very much.

I was looking through some images of the Mayan culture on the internet and found a Mayan Calendar to use as a texture.

slate_Calendar.png

And I found this Mayan Possum God. Now I know where I get my awesome special powers.

LimestonePossumGod.png

Nothing will happen, every thing will be fine, the Sumerian calendar and informations are more accurate than this, they even new that our sun is in the center of the solar system, and they put all the planets in their positions and sizes and also the tenth planet NIBIRU which orbits the sun every 3,750 yrs and that was 6000 YEARS AGO :shock: , but their calendar has no end.

The world won't end...I just think that something especially significant will happen metaphysically on that date; whether it be an advancement in the current plateau of human knowledge, or us discovering if the chicken or the egg came first.

Meh, sorry...

Here's a crazy idea from a paranoid person like myself: what if the world doesn't end, but is changed into something else? What if the world does not stop spinning in 2012 but become paradise? Crazy? Lets wait for 3 more years.

*maniacal laugh*

I was going to vote, but I didn't like any of the selections. I would've voted for "Yes, but I'm not worried about it" instead. I'm not sure I believe that it's going to be the end of the world, but I do believe that some sort of universal planetary alignment with the sun will occur. The Planet might in turn go through some weird climate changes and such. I'm not worried though. For what? If something terrible is going to happen, what good will it do me or my family to panic and freak out like a lot of them "end of days" enthusiast? I'll worry about what to do when/if something of that proportion does happens. If something happens to me, oh well, maybe it was my time to go. :shock: lol

Just my two cents...

Heh, I graduate in '12. I would be pissed if the world decided to go, all those years studying for nothing. . .

Good think it won't be ending :wink:

Same here, I would be....maybe...3? no 4 months into college, all that studying...(finals going on right now, just took 3 tests, 6 exams coming up).

But in any case, I just think its a bunch of craziness, id believe the solar thing, but I don't think the world would just implode all of a sudden...(wasn't there a thread on this a long time ago, too?)