Shortcut to Copy ?

In Adobe and Bitmap you can Highlight what you want to Copy, Hold CTRL drag and it copies the image selected and keeps the Original where it was...is there a similar way to do this or will I have to constantly Ctrl+V and move it ?

If you wanted say lots of trees, you can always create one (with transparent background), make multiple duplicates of the layer, then place the duplicates where you want them.

how do you make a Transparent Background ?

In Adobe and Bitmap you can Highlight what you want to Copy, Hold CTRL drag and it copies the image selected and keeps the Original where it was...is there a similar way to do this or will I have to constantly Ctrl+V and move it ?

Actually, it's exactly the same in PDN. Make the rectangle selection, switch to the Black Arrow, hold CTRL, then click and drag to lift a copy. Now, once it's been lifted the first time, you're moving the lifted selection, so you can't lift another copy.

So, it kinda works, but only once. I'm not exactly sure how it works in PS...

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Actually, it's exactly the same in PDN. Make the rectangle selection, switch to the Black Arrow, hold CTRL, then click and drag to lift a copy. Now, once it's been lifted the first time, you're moving the lifted selection, so you can't lift another copy.

So, it kinda works, but only once. I'm not exactly sure how it works in PS...

yeah that does work...to bad I cant do it anymore then Once :(

If you wanted say lots of trees, you can always create one (with transparent background), make multiple duplicates of the layer, then place the duplicates where you want them.

how do you make a Transparent Background ?

Just select the area you want transparent (magic wand?) and press delete.

Or start with a transparent workspace, ctrl A then del

:)