Need help making png (transparent) simple swirl graphics

feelin_gr_8

First of all, please bear with me, as I really don't know what I'm doing most of the time with the program. I'll learn something new then forget it :roll: But here's something I really want to learn.

I want to learn how to make simple swirl designs if it's possible (or if it's not simple-key word here) maybe you can recommend some free graphics sites? I haven't had much luck.

Example:

vxkehy.jpg

But I want transparents/png, I've found plenty of these kind of backgrounds, but only a couple with transparent backgrounds :(

A couple other questions:

> How can you easily turn a jpeg with background into transparent? In the same token, can you select 1 color out of the entire image and just change the hue on that? (like a green screen in movies)

> How can you change the color of a black/white object without using the paint bucket tool? This looses all definition. I know how to adjust the hue if it's blue into the whole spectrum, but not if it's black and white :(

Thanks for any help and suggestions rendered!

First of all, please bear with me, as I really don't know what I'm doing most of the time with the program. I'll learn something new then forget it :roll: But here's something I really want to learn.

I want to learn how to make simple swirl designs if it's possible (or if it's not simple-key word here) maybe you can recommend some free graphics sites? I haven't had much luck.

Example:

vxkehy.jpg

But I want transparents/png, I've found plenty of these kind of backgrounds, but only a couple with transparent backgrounds :(

A couple other questions:

A.> How can you easily turn a jpeg with background into transparent? In the same token, can you select 1 color out of the entire image and just change the hue on that? (like a green screen in movies)

B.> How can you change the color of a black/white object without using the paint bucket tool? This looses all definition. I know how to adjust the hue if it's blue into the whole spectrum, but not if it's black and white :(

Thanks for any help and suggestions rendered!

Not quite sure what you mean about the swirls... like rendering swirls?

A.You must delete the part of the jpeg you want to be transpaternt, ie the white part... then save as png.

B. Use Curves, its under the adjustments tab. Change Luminosity to RGB (red, green blue) and move the dots around to how you see fit

Not quite sure what you mean about the swirls... like rendering swirls?

A.You must delete the part of the jpeg you want to be transpaternt, ie the white part... then save as png.

B. Use Curves, its under the adjustments tab. Change Luminosity to RGB (red, green blue) and move the dots around to how you see fit

yes, rendering swirls, making some like the image I posted above.

a-is there anyway to do it without having to delete every pixel around the image? As you can see, that would be VERY tedious (i.e. the image above with all the small details)

b-this is what I get :( how do I do it so the whole thing changes?

original image >

141jrmd.png

how it turned out >

2i9h05.png

Not quite like I want...it only does part of it :(

There are plugins to render swirls:

use this to search for things: http://www.getpaint.net/search.html

A.I use this for "swirls": viewtopic.php?f=16&t=29576

B. You want to select the black aswell?

Use the wand tool ( :MagicWandTool: ) and select each part, Hold control to add to the selection, does this help.. Also by increasing the tolerence it grabs more similar things, by decreasing it sticks to one color more and more..

Sorry I am kind of horrible at explaining things.. did this help at all?

Here some easy steps to make a twisted element, start with a square canvas like(800 by 800) pix, make several of a like elements and create the final object by copy and paste them to the way you like.

Tip- for best result, add the leaves and fruits on the last step to keep them un-deformed by the plugins.. have fun

search for the plugins I am sure you know how :)

EDIT: defult=default ,

click on images to enlarge