Sign in to follow this  
yellowman

Yellowman

@ barbie, thanks so much, and congrats on the awards, you'r right I am not so active lately, life taking my time.

@ minners71, Thanks you very much, and congrats on the award.

@ HELEN, thank you very much, and congrats on the awards.

@ Welshblue, thanks mate, lol the dog, it was the © issue, I was actually going for the brass, but didn't get the right effect and wasn't going so well with wood color. Congrats on the award Welshy.

@ RedBeard, thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a comment, the solar chained system was a disqualified entry for a competition, the reason was I used a stock image (planet Earth) lol, the rules, IICR, stated 100% PDN. On mentioning the steampunk, I am working on this image, it is kinda more steampunky thing, this is just a 20% of the work, not sure if I will ever finish it, the title is temporary.

@ Ahmed, shookran :) , or thanks you very much, and congrats on the award, your nice words did more than that, don't worry.

Sorry, I have to admit that I did not maintain my Gallery for ages, I have to rearrange it soon with some new works.

th_neverflied.jpg

I was going to say like always but thats rather trite ...

In this case the awe is overwhelming on that WIP you just posted. Truly amazing not only in form but conceptually. Hopefully you get a chance to finish that. Would be wonderful to see what else that goes with for sure. And I'm actually out of words on this one ...

• Upvote 1

I like what you have done with the NeverFlied & just love the name too. Those pipes are adorable. The shape of the cut out wings is very pleasing. Life does get in the way sometimes but it is always worth waiting for your new works. Love it!

Now only if this machine could really fly! I thought of Leonardo DaVinci's work when I saw this (he's one of my favorite artists along with a few others). The designs are just exquisite.

• Upvote 1

Unbelievably amazing as per usual,everything you do is so technically perfect.Good to see your gallery up and running again.

Now only if this machine could really fly! I thought of Leonardo DaVinci's work when I saw this (he's one of my favorite artists along with a few others). The designs are just exquisite.

I thought I'd commented here :/ ( But I guess we all know what thought did ...? :/)

Brilliant concept mate. Very clever how you've made and built up all the materials. Inspirational once again ;)

th_neverflied.jpg

I know a steampunk style when I see one, and this is one. I got confused when I saw text on the image, and realized it was your name watermarked. Are you planning on adding texture or leaving as it is? And I have never commented on your phonograph. That stuff rocked! I remember my first father having an old recorder...:/

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/sargon2/pdn/neverflied.jpg

This is completely awesome! My fiancee and I have recently been turned onto steampunk, so every time I see something in that vein, I take notice. Nicely done, sir! So much intricate work involved. Your patience must be profound. Can't quibble with the results, that's for sure.

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/sargon2/realistic/fonograf.jpg

This is an exquisite piece of work. I'd be interested to know what tools you used to achieve the textures, as well as the shape of the horn.

All in all, your gallery is most impressive, Yellowman. I'm anxious to see more.

Wow, this is some wonderfull artwork. I just love the clockworks, especially the one that goes in a spiral (its kind of hypnotising hehe) . The jewelry is awsome aswell as your space scapes, Overall a very impressive gallery. I bow to you.

@ jim, thanks you very much mate, I am glad you liked them.

@ Rockandroll, thanks for the nice comment, I am so glad to hear that from you, you have some impressive work, that made me thinking if I am using PDN in its right way after seeing your work.

@ Helen, thanks so much, your comments always give encouragement to me, and I am sure to everyone here as well.

The twins textures are two screenshots from Google Maps, both zoomed from north of Russia, and shaped using S3D, a fun and fast method of creating planets from real texture :) :

th_TheTwins.jpg

Oh that is lovely! Fantastic textures & the colours are super. The sun is fabulous. The longer I look the more detail I can see. Well done!

Yellowman... even though I am not a huge fan of spacescapes, I have to say that this is really cool! I love the way the sun looks and the streak of light (milkyway swoosh?) looks with the planets aligned infront of it. I have found myself just staring at it and seeing more and more detail and "things" as I stare! Very NICE!!

Is it possible a spacescape looks like this image you created? It looks very real. Awesome lighting, by the way. And the background is just incredible!

I like the sun flares. Way too many sci-fi books over time and all the art that goes with it. This has the qualities of both rendered and painted space expression without looking "off." Wonderful combo in my book. (Pun intended.)

The red banding/density on the stars from the background is also something that is probably helping set the entire tone and blend.

What an amazing feel of depth you have captured here.I think it is the nebula inviting you to go beyond.I see where Helen is coming from, this could be a photograph.Your talent for detail awesome as per usual.

@ barbieq, wow thanks for the great comment, I am glad you liked it.

@ zookey, Thank you very much, and yes it is a galaxy with nebula mixed ( a dusty density space ).

@ HELEN, thank you very much, it wasn't meant to be a realistic view, there was some exaggeration especially on the Sun's corona and the dust, but looks it came out acceptable as a spcescape.

@ delpart, :) thank you for saying so, I was simulating the corona effect of the sun without covering the disk itself as they usually do, just to give some attention to the gas/dust around the sun. The galaxy/nebula of the background, is about the 5th or 6th attempt I wasn't satisfied with any, even this one it has some mistakes in the stars, I know this always happens when I merge some already blended layers instead of flatten the image at once.

@ Dug, thanks so much, good to say so about the depth, I was very careful to not use the Gaussian blur on the background ( only on the stars) to keep the details sharp and clear, and looks like it came out effective.

Thanks everyone again for the nice comments.

Absolutely fabulous pieces mate! The Phonograph is just waiting for someone to come along a turn the handle. Great textures and metalwork. I think Neverflied is even better. All that intricate pipework is incredible. All it needs now is to be animated so we can see all the cogs and pulleys at work. Brilliant. ;)

Wonderful gallery! - very inspiring. - all of them!

Looking forward to seeing more new ones (I can see how much work goes into them though) ;).

Loved the rolling glass sphere animation you did too.

The spacefromcloudpic. is why you should be King of PDN 2012.

How do you do it. Always stretching how PDN works. Fantastic planets and lighting

Oh my gosh! Like seriously, I don't know how to express my feelings about your work. Welsh makes a good point that you show what PDN's really made of. I, too, wish you be King of 2012. You truly deserve it. And I also wish we could choose more than one King and Queen because I have a few in mind... :)

Totally agree with Helen & Welshy. Your pieces are simply awe inspiring and each and every one is perfect and a joy to see :)