Simple And Sleek Sig Tutorial

MusicManNick

Heyo it has been a while since i have written a tutorial so i figured I'd write another one :)

This is kind of based of this tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=28214 it uses some of the same elements, but i changed quite a few parts of it and sizes and whatnot...

Requirements:

Paint.net

Outline Object Plugin viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5715&start=0

This is an example of what you can do

IMG24664-1240876231.png

Step 1:

Create a Canvas of 500x150, hit CTRL+A and then delete it all so the whole canvas is transparent

Step1.jpg

Step 2:

Select the "Rounded Rectangle" Tool :RoundedRectangleTool: and pick "Draw Filled Shape" :ShapeInterior:

Step 3:

Make a rounded rectange , with your color of choice, the one I used was #007F0E

Step2.jpg

Step 4:

Use Magic Wand :MagicWandTool: and click on the rectangle

Step3.jpg

Step 5:

Create a new layer

Step4.jpg

Step 6:

Now select the "Rectangle Tool" :RectangleTool: and draw a white rectangle going about 1/2 way down the rounded rectangle(on the new layer) and lower the opacity to about 60-70

Step5.jpg

Step6.jpg

Step 7:

Now create another new layer

Step4.jpg

Step 8:

Select the Bucket Tool:FillSelection: and where it says "Fill:" select "Dark Upward Diagonal" and fill it with your primary color being white and your secondary color being transparent.

Step7-1.jpg

Step 9:

Lower the opacity of that layer to about 20-30

Step7-2.jpg

Step 10:

Now make a new layer on top of the previous 2 layers and paste in your render, i used this one: http://planetrenders.net/renders/displa ... ?pos=-3826 but first i used "resize" to make the height 150, be sure to have "Maintain Aspect Ratio" set so the width will automatically change to match the height, and past the render into the rectangle

Step8.jpg

Step9.jpg

OPTIONAL STEPS:

Step 11:

Create a new canvas, size 550x170

Step 12

Paste each layer individually onto the new canvas(Try to center it), I know this is time consuming but for the shadow and border to look right you have to do this, unless you dont want a border or shadow

Step 13:

Find a C4D(Cinema 4D) Render, i will use this one: http://planetrenders.net/renders/displa ... p?pos=-391

Select a section of it that you want and paste it into a layer underneath the render

Step 14:

Select the first layer(the one with the rounded rectangle) and use the outline object plugin, set the Width to 2 px and the Softness to 127 and hit okay

Step 15:

On the first layer select "Glow"(Effects>Photo>Glow) and set it to Radius-6 Brightness- -100 and Contrast-10

You're Done!!!

Comments and Criticism please :)

And Post your results when done

(PICTURES COMING SOON)

PDNForumSig.png

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=26921 - Rules 1 and 2. I'll give you some time to finish it off - say, a day or so, but seriously, Don't post unfinished tutorials.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Thank you, but please consider our dial-up brethren and resize your pics to comply with rule 1a. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...