Writting goes blurry when saved

ineedhelp

Hi there,

I have been working on some invited all day, and when I flatten all the layers and then save it as a JPEG file, then open it as that, all the writting

that I have on it goes all blurry. I have tried changing the font and the size and re-doing it a million times but it still ends up blurry at the end.

I want to be able to print it off, so can I save it as something else or how do I fix the blurriness?

Thank you in advance

If you are working on an image that requires superior quality and/or with text, try to avoid the JPEG format. This format is lossy, meaning that some quality is lost with every save. Such lossness can manifest itself in ugly artefacts surrounding text and other features of the image* (the 'blurriness' you speak of). Although the smaller file size that JPEG can produce is appealing for web images; I would personally stay away from it for this kind of project.

On the other hand, PNG, BMP, TIFF, etc., are lossless formats, meaning they lose no quality with each save. However, in most cases this comes at the price of larger file sizes. For the case of this project, I'm sure this is a worthy sacrifice for the better good.

On the note of PNG, if there is no transparency required for the image - which, if you're printing them off, there shouldn't be - then saving in the 24-bit depth will save some kilobytes of you are that concerned.

Does this help you somewhat?

*if you want to see an example of such artefacts, the difference between JPEG and other formats, this page should illustrate perfectly: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Compa ... nd_PNG.png