An odd problem

Vanguard

First of all, I would like to note than anything more complicated past my precious "MS Paint", I am retarded with. I could never get the hang of Adobe and Paint.Net isnt showing much promise for me.

And before you treat me like a complete newb and start tossing my links to the "Newbie Playground" section, I'll have you know I have about 4 tabs open on various threads including that Deviantart "Interactive Tutorial". Which helps, but nothing teaches better than getting your < no swearing > there and doing it yourself... And I do, but I always come across roadblocks where I don't know what the hell is going on and I can't use SEARCH because that's just it - I don't know what to search for!

The picture below shows a couple of things. First, it shows that I am a complete moron who can't duplicate a simple "M" symbol.

Seriously though, It's just showing what I'm trying to duplicate.

Secondly, and most important of all, it's showing you the problem I am having that I haven't encountered yet for some reason and layering up doesn't solve the problem.

issue.png

I found this confusing. Why is it doing that and how do I stop it.

Turning off the "anti aliasing" (whatever the <No cursing.> that means) only makes it look pixellated.

Help.

VangBanner.png

Turn off anti-aliasing and use feather when you've finished to make it look smooth. Or, if you're not going to fill it, just use a larger brush.

KaHuc.png