flipGALLERY | 3.16.2013 - Abstract City

flip

The only issue I have with that one is how the "planets" look. There are plenty of tutorials out there to make your planets look more realistic even if they are for Ps, they can be easily converted for P.N so...that's the only thing I had to point out. Otherwise it looks interesting as usual. Keep it up.

green.png

The only issue I have with that one is how the "planets" look. There are plenty of tutorials out there to make your planets look more realistic even if they are for Ps, they can be easily converted for P.N so...that's the only thing I had to point out. Otherwise it looks interesting as usual. Keep it up.

green.png

That is on the right track there. Using ground textures are probably the best looking as you used there. Another alternative is using multiple textures and using blend modes to get it to look complex like any rocky or deserty planet would. Good job. You're getting better every time.

green.png

That is on the right track there. Using ground textures are probably the best looking as you used there. Another alternative is using multiple textures and using blend modes to get it to look complex like any rocky or deserty planet would. Good job. You're getting better every time.

green.png

New.

flip82_planets.png

I like the size, so I'm going to make a lot more planet 300x500s. :D

I like the presentation. The black background does not distract from the subject and the band of lines across the image is really nice. I can see the point of making the planets more detailed, but it's really about what you want to convey. It might be that the detail of the planet is not that important, just the fact that people have the impression that it's a planet is sometimes enough. With that said, your second planet it really good.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

New.

flip82_planets.png

I like the size, so I'm going to make a lot more planet 300x500s. :D

I like the presentation. The black background does not distract from the subject and the band of lines across the image is really nice. I can see the point of making the planets more detailed, but it's really about what you want to convey. It might be that the detail of the planet is not that important, just the fact that people have the impression that it's a planet is sometimes enough. With that said, your second planet it really good.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Ah. Good idea. I'll try that.

@Benji + Possum Roadkill... Thanks.

Ah. Good idea. I'll try that.

@Benji + Possum Roadkill... Thanks.

Nice new addition! :D

I like the work on the planets. One suggestion for that newer piece you made would be to make the crack quite a bit smaller and find some huge stock grunge photos to use. A good site to find stocks is sxc.hu. Keep up the great work in PDN ;)

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

Nice new addition! :D

I like the work on the planets. One suggestion for that newer piece you made would be to make the crack quite a bit smaller and find some huge stock grunge photos to use. A good site to find stocks is sxc.hu. Keep up the great work in PDN ;)

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

• 3 weeks later...

And I haven't commented here for a while, but that doesn't mean I didn't visit your gallery, I do whenever you post a new work, and I do that for every ones gallery here, I am seeing a lot of good work here and agree with Raptor_101 it is one of the best of your bests :) , Is that an Italian parsley leaf? looks real did you scan it? I like the idea very much the colors and the dropshadows looks great, keep up good work.