Trying to get the shine effect

Martel

I like that...

I was looking for more bright but that is in the right direction yes.

Maybe a different set of colors will work for me.

May have to use the codelab plug in.

Still trying to figure that out too.

martelshiney300-1.pngbleeping12.png

Did the built in glow not work? Glow: viewtopic.php?p=4700#p4700

My glow was just done with a couple of duplicate layers of text. Apply a moderate gausian blur to the bottom layer, and a smaller gausian to the next layer etc until you get the glow effect you are after. Top layer is the unaltered text. If you want to play with colours, remember to combine the blurred layers before changing their hue.

Ego Eram Reputo

Did the built in glow not work? Glow: viewtopic.php?p=4700#p4700

Not so that I could tell, perhaps I was not using it right...or the background is too strong.

--

pophiri

I made three layers and a black background.

Next applied Stylize; emboss then little gausian blur, then a little less and then less.

so far....no shine

shine2.jpg

Hi Martel

The top layer of text is unchanged (or embossed if you prefer), the underneath layers are blured - but turn off selection before you blur. This should solve your problem.

Not so that I could tell, perhaps I was not using it right...or the background is too strong.

Try deleting any color surrounding the text so that the text is surrounded by transparency.

The glow effect is rather subtle, more like an aura or halo. Try applying it more than once to boost the effect.

To view the effect, insert a contrasting colored layer immediately below the text before applying glow.

Deleted all color surrounding the text so that the text is surrounded by transparency.

got

shinevv-1.jpg

Thinking I am overlooking something very simple.

I will keep monkeying with it.

This whole thing started bc I couldn't figure out this thread. viewtopic.php?f=37&t=28519

Maybe I need a Plug In.

bottom layer black.

add transparent layer type your word the color you want the glowy part to be. yellow? blue?

wand outside the word hold the shift key down at the same time incase any of your words have center holes like the letter "e" or "a" or "o"

add a layer

control + i

change color to white or what ever color you want the actual letters to be.

use white until you get the way of doing it

use paint bucket and fill all the letters.

deselect :Deselect: (along the top of your screen you have that line of pictures the clip board then the crop tool then the deselect button. )

now move back down to the layer with the letters in yellow? blue? its the middle layer.

he uses under effects blur and zoom blur not zoom blur +

Try to find sample image online and post it so people trying to help can have a better idea of what you are looking for.

Ash,

Just looking at your sig blew me away.

I felt like Scrat the squirrel chasing an acorn and stumbled into an acorn mine. "ahhhhhhh" " (Angelic trumpets sounding)

Martel jaw dropping staring at sig in disbelief.

something like this?

text.png

just double the layer with the text, add a zoom blur (maximum) (and maby a glow effect) to the bottom layer of text and youre done.

:!: when adding the blur, make sure it starts from the midle of the text.

i also added a bevel selection effect to the top text, but that's optional.

hope it helps.

redsig.png

Leonte,

I've got three words for you.

W O W !

That is great!

I will attempt this and post back after.

Thanks

How do you get the bevel to run from corner to corner?

My attempts have caused a perimeter bevel.

Thanks

How do you get the bevel to run from corner to corner?

if you're refering to that diagonal beam in the background, that's done with the gradient tool :GradientTool: set on :LinearReflectedGradient: ,on a new layer, behind the 2 text layers. sory i didn't mention anything about it, but i just didn't think it was that important. didn't mean to confuse you.

PS: make sure to write your text in a new layer, otherwise whatever is behind it wil be masked.

redsig.png

ohhh i recently got onto Paint.NET and learning fast...and i think this'll help me heaps!!!

Leonte, (off subject) could you tell me how to get a pic in sig area? i havent quite worked THAT out...hehe

sigppk.jpg

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words...

words might hurt me deeply, causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage leading to a lowered self-esteem and decreased work-related efficiency.

how to get a pic in sig area?

1) upload picture to an image hosting site (like photobucket or imageshack)

2) copy the direct link to the image

3) in the "edit signature" (or something) section paste the link betwen and and save

:!: make sure u don't have any spaces in there

redsig.png

ohh goodie! Thanks! sorry for the lame sig and pic...still working out how to use PDN and how to create AWESOME pics! i know i'll learn heaps from the tuts!

sigppk.jpg

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words...

words might hurt me deeply, causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage leading to a lowered self-esteem and decreased work-related efficiency.

ohh goodie! Thanks! sorry for the lame sig and pic...still working out how to use PDN and how to create AWESOME pics! i know i'll learn heaps from the tuts!
That's no lame sig.

Looks better than mine!