Problem with my Paint.NET

pghkat

I tried to start my Paint program & suddenly I get this message >

Paint.NET has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: paintdotnet.exe AppVer: 3.36.3158.38068 AppStamp:48b23e68

ModName: mscorwks.dll ModVer: 2.0.50727.3053 ModStamp:4889dc18

fDebug: 0 Offset: 0000e3c8

Anyone have any idea whats caused this? I'll uninstall it until there are some solutions :(

Not sure if this is what you want but >

I get the following Error messages in Event Viewer (there is one for infocard.exe as well) >

Bucket 1129952826, bucket table 1, faulting application paintdotnet.exe, version

3.36.3158.38068, stamp 48b23e68, faulting module mscorwks.dll, version

2.0.50727.3053, stamp 4889dc18, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000e3c8.

Faulting application paintdotnet.exe, version 3.36.3158.38068, stamp 48b23e68,

faulting module mscorwks.dll, version 2.0.50727.3053, stamp 4889dc18, debug? 0,

fault address 0x0000e3c8.

.NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.3053 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (7A097706)

(80131506)

In Add/Remove Programs it says I have .NET Framework 2.0 sp1 .. 3.0 sp2 & 3.5

sp1 (latest installed on March 31) but Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 are still showing in Windows Update.

It was included in this past batch of security updates but it doesnt install .. I get >

Installation Failure

Error Code: 0x80070645

I had no problem with Paint.NET before this installation on March 31 .. only since.

Should I uninstall all .NET Frameworks & then re-install all of them or should I

just install the 3.5 version??

Thanks Stansfield .. I just tried to run all 3 Hotfixes & all 3 give me the same message >

The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.

Im going to try uninstalling the .NET Frameworks & then re-installing them one by one

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problems... My Paint.NET shuts down, cannot save the art work and I don't know what to do... This is what I get on the screen:

crashpaintdotnet.jpg

Any luck in solving this problem?

I had no luck in resolving this problem. Even when I tried to uninstall it I was getting an Error message so I ran one of those force uninstalls .. ran search for all folders/files which say Paint.NET & deleted them & then I uninstalled all .NET Frameworks.

Its a shame no one could help with this problem & its come down to this as I really really did like Paint.NET

Good Luck with getting yours resolved.

RedFalcon, I'm guessing this happens when you go to File Open or Save? The dialog indicates a problem in "fun_avcodec.dll" which indicates it's a problem with some new video codec you installed that's crashing while making thumbnails for the open/save dialog (not Paint.NET's fault in other words ;) ). Uninstall whatever that is and you'll be good to go.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Unfortunately yours is indicating it's a problem in mscorwks.dll -- which is basically the core of .NET itself. Your best bet -- and it looks like you've already tried this -- is to uninstall / repair the .NET Framework itself. In fact unless .NET is installed and working, you won't be able to (properly) uninstall Paint.NET since its installer/uninstall has components that require it.

You might also try running PdnRepair.exe, which should be in Program Files\Paint.NET.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

RedFalcon, I'm guessing this happens when you go to File Open or Save? The dialog indicates a problem in "fun_avcodec.dll" which indicates it's a problem with some new video codec you installed that's crashing while making thumbnails for the open/save dialog (not Paint.NET's fault in other words ;) ). Uninstall whatever that is and you'll be good to go.

Thanks for the quick answer... Only one thing: Recently I haven't installed any video codec, or anything like that. I use the same video codecs I installed a long while ago. But I'll definitely look into the matter. Maybe something is screwed up in here. In my PC.

At the time I tried to uninstall / repair Paint.NET I did have .NET installed. All I got were error messages. Now that everything is cleaned out I'd like to try installing Paint.NET again but not too sure which .NET I need to re-install. I've asked at other forums as well & no one is helping.

Unfortunately yours is indicating it's a problem in mscorwks.dll -- which is basically the core of .NET itself. Your best bet -- and it looks like you've already tried this -- is to uninstall / repair the .NET Framework itself. In fact unless .NET is installed and working, you won't be able to (properly) uninstall Paint.NET since its installer/uninstall has components that require it.

You might also try running PdnRepair.exe, which should be in Program Files\Paint.NET.

Im happy to say I finally got this all straightened out & can now use Paint.NET once again :D

I contacted Microsoft .. after I ran the clean-up utility to remove all traces of .NET Framework I was able to download & install .NET Framework 3.5 sp1 and the Family Update (from the urls sent by the Microsoft Rep).