Manual & New User Questions

Hi

As of today I'm a new PaintNET user and have a few questions, I'll try to be brief.

I found the online help/manual. Just wondering if there is a pdf manual that can be downloaded? If not, is there one coming in the near future?

I downloaded a few plugins already, very cool, there are so many! Have all of these been tested before being posted? One of them crashed the program when I tried to use it, so I had to delete it. :(

Does anyone have any recommendations for specific plugins that would be useful to create characters for later use with animation software TrueSpace?

Will any of these plugin dll files work with other programs, like Adobe Photo/Elements and others?

Love the program! Thanks!! :D

Musikman

I found the online help/manual. Just wondering if there is a pdf manual that can be downloaded? If not, is there one coming in the near future? Will any of these plugin dll files work with other programs, like Adobe Photo/Elements and others?

No, other than the collection of tutorials Simon pointed out.

Have all of these been tested before being posted?

If you're concerned about bugs, the plugin developers test their products fairly thoroughly, and of course the community provides feedback on any issues they find. We sometimes choose to ignore less serious bugs, but any critical bugs like hard-crashing Paint.NET will of course be a high-priority fix. Keep in mind though, that none of us are paid for our work, so we tend to have other jobs or educational institutions to attend, so Paint.NET does take a back seat to that. Paint.NET and all of its plugins are hobby projects.

If your concern is malware, the community would also certainly report that to a moderator or administrator, as well as notifying the community at large. The offending plugin would be removed immediately.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 1 month later...