Raptor_101's Showcase 6/20/12: Solcursion Logo/Banner

Raptor_101

Alrighty. I made a new one today. I went for the Star Trek log look, but with my own little differences put in there. Here's the original:

straptor.png

The edited one is in the first post.

(Edit: You can definitely see why it's meant for dark colored forums. Some of the glows can't show up on the one in this post and I guess one of the layers is showing that is not meant to be showing.)

green.png

Alrighty. I made a new one today. I went for the Star Trek log look, but with my own little differences put in there. Here's the original:

straptor.png

(Edit: You can definitely see why it's meant for dark colored forums. Some of the glows can't show up on the one in this post and I guess one of the layers is showing that is not meant to be showing.)

green.png

straptor.png

green.png

• 3 weeks later...

Well I finally found the time to do something again. I've been working on a website template for my dad and I've been somewhat busy so it's been a while.

Raptorsig.png

I think it's the best or one of the top ones out of the ones I've made so far. C&C needed so I can improve.

green.png

Well I'm redoing my GF-44A Phantom since certain things would have made it not stealthy. Plus certain things just weren't up to my expectations. I'm mainly focusing on plate, flap/aileron, and stealth paint details. Next will be probably the camo then more of the lighting like on the wings and the engine nacelles. The main influence for the detailing on it is the F-22A Raptor which is a real world stealth fighter currently in service in the United States Air Force.

Hidden Content:
GF-44APhantom.png

Note: This is a fictional aircraft and isn't like one of those concepts meant for the real world. I guess I wanted to make a fiction on it and I may one day.

Any suggestions on how to do reflections on the cockpit since that seems to be the only thing that stumps me at this point. I know the glow I did on it is already realistic enough, but it doesn't seem like enough.

green.png

Just wondering if you have ever heard of Google's SketchUp 7? You might be able to design an aircraft in that program. I have used it only recently, and I have seen some people's galleries of aircraft being made in SketchUp.

If you wanted to make the cockpit more realistic, add some highlight, and if you want to, I would add a camouflage scheme to it. Maybe you did and I didn't look at it good enough.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

I have to redownload GSU, but I'll be learning how to do some work on it next year for Robotics so I may start doing 3D modelling, it all depends on time and skill. Remember this aircraft isn't done yet and it will include the camo like the original version I did on it. I have a bit more to do on it. I think modelling it would be better for me though since I'm making a top view then I have to make a side view which would take a long time to get certain details to match up to the top view.

green.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well here's the U.S.S. Raptor. This one does not come in the light of Goonfella's U.S.S. Goonfella. It's still a WIP, but the basic shape is there.

Hidden Content:
TrekStealth.png

This ship is a stealth ship that is capable of sustained atmospheric flight. The rear nacelle wings act like stabilators, but are not capable of a significant amount of movement due to the different aerodynamics with the nacelles on the tips. This ship was inspired by the F-22 Raptor and the YF-23. The nozzles on the engine nacelles are not the Thrust Vectoring type that is on the F-22, but merely more of a fluidic control nozzle meaning it controls how much thrust is coming out.

green.png

Nice idea for the spaceship and your Phantom is coming along nicely.Looks good. :wink:

I had GSU before I installed PDN and its an excellent program but you do need to have a dedicated graphics card to use it. The integrated graphics on my laptop would not do the 3D effects properly and everything just looked transparent. So I ended up uninstalling it.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...