Skew or Change in Perspective?

Sorry for the question in the subject, but I'm not sure of how to explain what I'm trying to do. Basically, I'd like to create multiple perspectives of a coin, with as little effort as possible. I thought if I created a front and back image (totally 2D, with no depth yet), I would be able to skew it slightly, so that it would give the illusion of being seen from a different angle. But all I can seem to do is the scaling type of altering. In other words, I can flatten it, but I can't figure out out to skew it.

I hope this makes sense, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

navban7.gif

Hi there, thank you very much for the welcome. ^_^

I've tried the zoom/rotate, and its not giving me the effect that I desire. I even tried the pan feature, thinking that might work, but it didn't. All that I'm able to do with it it turn it upside down, or flip the image. What I want is to tilt it, sort of. Sort of.... make the top of the image larger, and the bottom thinner, or visa versa.

I probably am confusing you more, aren't I? :( I just don't know how to describe it....

navban7.gif

? did you play with that little round ball shape thingy up the left top of the rotate zoom? not totally sure I understand what you are after if that doesn't work perhaps try the plugin called oblique maybe that's more what you are trying to do. (its part of madjiks pkg of plugins. )

if neither of those two things work it might be best to put up a picture or link to web page showing the type of effect you are going for.

ciao

OMA

I have GIMP, but I have difficulty with it, so I'm not sure if that's what I'm after.

Well, I'm willing to try something new. Could I bother for a link to the Oblique Plugin? Thank you in advance, as well as for trying to help. :)

navban7.gif

• 5 months later...

Rule #11 Necroposting is a no-no!