How calculate length of lines

Are you referring to how long a given line would be once you printed it out?

If you're talking about printing, the length of a given number of pixels depends on the resolution you chose for printing (DPI). The higher your DPI is, the more pixels there will be in each inch, so the shorter the line will come out if you print it.

Photobucket Sucks!

At the top of your PDN screen you should see an option to change the units used (neat the Help menu thingy). Change it to your liking. Then when you draw your line, if you look at the bottom of the screen it'll say the length of the line.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

This is not exactly i need

I have drowning, in fakt it is building plan. it is grabbed from pdf :( so i can't use any CAD programs.

in this drowning i can create new layer. in this layer i can drow some lines. And i need summ of length of this lines, than i can recalculate it with scale and find length corresponding with plan.

So i just need tool to merge length of line :) is it possible?

Thaks for all who helps me!

personally I'm not sure how to do this in paint.net but heres a suggestion. open your pdf image

set your measurement to which ever you prefer I'd probably use pixels (there's that little grid then it says units drop down box gives 3 options. )

run a line along any straight edge in you image

note the length it tells you right along the bottom left of the screen

then use this conversion calculator

http://www.translatorscafe.com/cafe/uni ... r/pixel-(X)-to-centimeter-%5Bcm%5D/

round about manner but may get what you wish done.

you don't need a conversion. All you need to do is change the units that PDN uses. You can change it easily by using the drop down thingy next to where you enable/disable the grid&ruler.

@stranger: You could try this. If the drawing plan is in PDN, then go to your primary color in the Colors window (if you can't see it go to Window > Reset window locations - it should be on the bottom left). Click the more button so you can see the extra stuff that makes the colour. Then at the bottom of the colors window you'll see something that says "Transparency - Alpha". Set that to zero. The using the line tool, draw over the lines in the plan you wish to measure. Whilst drawing look at the bottom of the screen and it'll tell you the length in pixels or centimetres or inches. You can change this but changing the unit, which is stated at the start of this post.

Hope that helped.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.