Sign in to follow this  
Zwicky

Paint.NET on a Flash Drive (and at Home)?

Is it possible to have Paint.NET installed so that you can run it on a school computer on a flash drive for example, but you can also have a seperate installation for home or the ability run Paint.NET without having to rely on the flash drive the entire time?

I've run into this problem myself, sorry if its already been answered somewhere. I did look at the Paint.NET Bootable CD tut before trying, however it wasn't too much help.

As long as the school has .NET 2.0 or higher you can run it. I've found it works better off a flash drive on my school computers than at home... kind of sad

Just Go to Program files or wherever you have it and copy and paste the paint.net folder. Run it off the drive.

If you don't have net 2.0 it won't work. I was fortunate to have a new computer lab at my disposal though most of the other computers did not have it. Type this into internet explorer to see the version installed on the current computer:

javascript:alert(navigator.userAgent) 

Thanx, you're right of course. :) I had this weird idea in my head that it wouldn't work because of the directories and stuff (we use H: drive) and that i had to put the destination folder directly on the drive holding my flash drive. My bad. :) Thanks for the help!

Remember Paint.NET stores some user files and folders in ”My Documents.” And so dose some plugins. You have to copy them manually, if you want them to follow your USB- paint.NET.

Remember Paint.NET stores some user files and folders in ”My Documents.” And so dose some plugins. You have to copy them manually, if you want them to follow your USB- paint.NET.

Yea I need to do that so I can use custom brushes... too bad they are stored there