Change look of shoes?

There was a tutorial for this somewhere, but I cannot find it, so:

1) Black and White the photo.

2) Make a new layer

3) change the new layer's blending mode to "Overlay"

4) Now draw on the colors you want on the parts of the image, using Magic wand, circle selection tools, etc.

Also, They use the magnetic lasso for that image, I believe, making it easier to delect and color parts of the image.

~~

PhotoShop is not a banned word. Unless I missed the Announcement...

Anyway, the method suggested is the correct one. Desaturate (Layers -> Adjustments -> Black & White) the shoe layer, then paint with the approximate hue you desire in a new layer over the parts you want changed to that color and change the blending mode. You'll probably have to go in nd adjust with Hue / Saturation after you paint and switch the blending mode to get it looking just right.

Like so! (A little rough around the edges, but you get the idea.)

Shoe.png

I believe that the post you were looking for is this one:

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewt ... =7118#7118

There, I said to use Multiply, but Overlay works well on white backgrounds like that shoe. Experiment with the blending modes to find which looks best for you! :D

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

No, it's not a banned word. Rick said himself that Paint.NET is not, nor is it intended to be, the end-all-be-all graphics app. There should be nothing wrong with mentioning other options out there.

What is undesired is lengthy conversations about other graphics apps or explainations about how to use them. Since this is a message board about PDN, it's best to keep the conversation about PDN. If mentioning PhotoShop / PaintShop Pro / The GIMP / Artweaver / Fireworks / et cetera is necessary to fully convey your point, there's nothing bad / wrong / evil / breakfast / et cetera about it.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Ah thank you, CMD. I could not find that thread for my life. (If only google were here...) Also, that banned word was a joking post that I believe born2killx should not have posted anyway.

And why is breakfast that bad? (Even though it is the meal I miss most often...)

~~

Oh, breakfast isn't bad at all! I just had to throw a random word in there for fear of people thinking I'd gotten all serious... :D

~ Becoming the Archetype