Ultra Newbie question...

OK I know this is simple for probably everyone reading this but...

How do you make those backgrounds that you see on minisites that have text at a 45 degree angle with the name of the product in them?

This should give you some idea of my level of experience with graphics .

Hi abscomm!

Before I begin, I would like you to meet my little friend. His name in the rules ;) Might I suggest that you become good buddies with number 6, as you are currently breaking it ;)

Now, onto your question. If you want your text to be on an angle, then follow these steps:

1. Make sure the text you want to move degrees is on a new layer above the rest.

2. Click it once, so the whole thing is selected. Right click, don't let go, and move your cursor ;) Then, once you have it in position, let go. I find that it is much more precise if you hold down right click, and then use the arrow keys, although it takes longer.

I am not quite sure i know what you are referring to. Try selecting the text :SelectAll: and drag the knops :MoveTool:

And while I have your attention. Generic topic titles like yours are not good karma here. It is actually against the rules. Please change it, or the topic may be closed.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

Thank you for your replies.

I am not sure that I quite understand how to correctly ask a question if what I did is breaking the rules.

Is there another place for questions other than "General Discussion & Questions"?

How do I use the resources here without breaking the rules?

:?

Manny people come to this forum to search for information about Paint.NET.

This forum is, you can say, the book about Paint.NET. Now imagine you were to seek for a specific topic in a book where half of the chapters were named: Question, Newbie question. I don’t understand. Help please.

That is why the mods want a describing topic title.

Change your topic title to something like “Text at an angle”

And if you could post a picture of what you want to make. I am sure loots of people will be willing to help.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.