Old Tin Types and Negatives

I have come across some extremely old Negative and tin types of my family. I am not that experienced with photo editing I basically work by trial and error. I want to know if any of you know an idiot version of turning these negs into photos. I don't seem to have a problem with the day time negs it's the darker ones and yes I have tried adjusting the lighting. Can somebody please help?

So you converted all the negatives and saved them as digital files, right? And you want to adjust the colors and improve the pictures? If you are at this step then Paint.NET is very good photo editor there is a lot of features in, but all that depend on original scanned picture, some times i use the "Auto Leves :AutoLevel: " under "Adjustment" and it gives me very good result in just one click.

You're probably going to want to invert the colours of the negatives before any other image processing. The keyboard shortcut is Control + Shift + I.

For more info: http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/en/A ... sMenu.html