Feature request - Pre-set canvas sizes.

It would be nice if , when you create a new canvas, there was a list of pre-set sizes to choose from. For example if you wanted A4 size you would just need to click on the appropriate setting. They could be hidden in a drop down menu so would not make the size of the `New' window much bigger.

Also how about using percentages for the opacity instead of 0 - 255? It can be awkward trying to judge how much opacity is required when a tut uses the percentage and PDN has a different system. :)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Also how about using percentages for the opacity instead of 0 - 255? It can be awkward trying to judge how much opacity is required when a tut uses the percentage and PDN has a different system. :)

If you use Firefox you could add this as a bookmark with the following as the url:

javascript:var%20num%20=%20prompt("Enter%20a%20percentage%20without%20the%20%");alert(Math.round(num*2.55));

Edit: Apparently Javascript has a rounding function. Updated.

KaHuc.png

Opacity of 45% using the range 0-255 is the same as: 255*45/100 or 255*0.45. Figuring this out (with a calculator) is infinitely preferable to changing the system that is also used for the color channels R,G & B.

As an occasional plugin developer my vote is definately for the status quo. 0-255 is a binary thing that developers understand :wink:

Figuring this out (with a calculator) is infinitely preferable to changing the system that is also used for the color channels R,G & B.

Or with a bookmarklet. ;)

As an occasional plugin developer my vote is definately for the status quo. 0-255 is a binary thing that developers understand :wink:

Entering 2^8 into a calculator and remembering that there are 8 bits in a byte should explain everything.

KaHuc.png

I still have an actual binary abacus I made years ago to teach myself AND, OR, XOR and the other logic gates. Works a treat with MOD too :D

If you use Firefox you could add this as a bookmark with the following as the url:

javascript:var%20num%20=%20prompt("Enter%20a%20percentage%20without%20the%20%");alert(Math.round(num*2.55));

Edit: Apparently Javascript has a rounding function. Updated.

Sorry Simon, I use Firefox but I don`t know anything about computer code. Where and how would this be used? :?

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

I remember that pyro found a way of setting the canvas size for pdn.. i can't seem to find the link though...

I did? When?

The only way I know would be to make an image of the size that you wanted your default canvas to be and basically use that file to launch Paint.NET rather than Paint.NET's shortcut. Alternately, you could go into the properties of Paint.NET's shortcut and put the path to the image as a parameter, so that using the shortcut always opens the image.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

That's what I remember someone posting...it wouldn't work for every time you opened PdN, and you'd have to remember to Save-As the first time around, but it could work as a workaround.

I remember that pyro found a way of setting the canvas size for pdn.. i can't seem to find the link though...

I did? When?

The only way I know would be to make an image of the size that you wanted your default canvas to be and basically use that file to launch Paint.NET rather than Paint.NET's shortcut. Alternately, you could go into the properties of Paint.NET's shortcut and put the path to the image as a parameter, so that using the shortcut always opens the image.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

That's why it's a workaround. :-P Not perfect.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.