Texturize effect plugin v1.1.0.1 (2009-12-01)

This plugin can be used to add a texture effect to a photo.

Examples:

KievTexture2.jpgKievTexture3.jpg

It can also be used to add a watermark to a picture:

KievTexture1.jpgTexture1.png

Download:

https://www.fosshub.com/Image-Analyzer.html?dwl=TexturizePDN1.1.0.1.zip

Texturize.zip

Unzip the file in the Paint.NET\Effects folder or Documents\paint.net App Files\Effects if PDN was installed from the Windows Store.

You can access the feature from the Effects | Artistic menu.

Tips:

• It is quite easy to find usable textures via Google's image search. You can even copy-paste pictures directly from your browser to the plugin: Just right-click on the wanted texture and select Copy.
  • Sometimes you may want to convert the texture to grayscale before using it.
  • If the texture is not tilable (the left edge fits the right edge and the top fits the button) you should select set Fill method to Mirror.
  • You can use a negative Amplitude to invert the 3D effect, i.e. make the texture go "in" or "out".

If you like this, please consider donating to the author at http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/Analyzer/support.htm

Edited by MichaelVinther
Fixed broken download
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a wonderful plugin ! I have been playing around with it for a couple of hours now with some textures I have and have even created some to use with this plugin. This works very well, but I wonder if there is a way that it could remember the last folder it loaded a texture from? I have placed all of my textures in one folder so they are easy to get to, but I have a whole bunch of subfolders in my paint.net folder. Other than that, this is just great ! Thanks so much.

This is a sample of what I used it for. This is a limestone effect that I came up with a while back and I used your plugin to add a brick texture to make it look like limestone blocks. I then drew in the mortar on a gray layer, duplicated it, fragmented the dup layer, blurred the orig layer, merged them and added a grainy texture to them so the mortar would look more realistic.

LimestnBlocks.png

but I wonder if there is a way that it could remember the last folder it loaded a texture from?

I will consider making it store the last used texture folder.

Thanks, that would be great.

Found a couple of sites with tons of textures. One site has textures for CGI work but they work great with your plug-in.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ! I was just wondering if you have had any success in adding the ability for the plugin to remember the last folder used? This is a great plugin and has added a whole new dimension to what I do. I am using this plugin so much and have been creating so many new textures to use with it. Thanks again for a really useful plugin.

Hello ...

Thanks for this nice plugin.

I got an interesting texture by repeating the effect :

mini_090606101117889944.jpg

But an error encountered while trying to integrate a loaded file :

Hidden Content:
Fichier : C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Texturize.dll

Nom d'effet : MeeSoft.Paint.Net.Plugins.Texturize.EffectPlugin

Message d'erreur: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.OutOfMemoryException: Une exception de type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' a été levée.

à MeeSoft.Mathematics.LinearAlgebra.MatrixFloat32.New(Int32 nRows, Int32 nCols)

à MeeSoft.ImageProcessing.Operations.ResizeBilinearOperation.ApplyToPlane(BitmapPlane srcPlane, BitmapPlane dstPlane, Int32 srcWidth, Int32 srcHeight)

à MeeSoft.ImageProcessing.Operations.ResizeBilinearOperation.ApplyToPlane(BitmapPlane srcPlane, BitmapPlane dstPlane)

à MeeSoft.ImageProcessing.Operations.BitmapOperation.ApplyToPlane(BitmapPlane srcPlane, BitmapPlane dstPlane, Int32 planeIndex)

à MeeSoft.ImageProcessing.Operations.BitmapOperation.Apply()

à MeeSoft.ImageProcessing.Operations.AbstractResizeOperation.Apply()

à MeeSoft.ImageProcessing.Operations.ResizeExtensions.ResizeBilinear(PlanarBitmap bitmap, Int32 newWidth, Int32 newHeight)

à MeeSoft.Paint.Net.Plugins.Texturize.EffectOperation.CheckParams(EffectPluginConfigToken param, Bitmap srcBitmap)

à MeeSoft.Paint.Net.Plugins.Texturize.EffectPlugin.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

à PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois) dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\Effect.cs:ligne 162

à PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:ligne 156

--- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---

à PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join() dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:ligne 277

à PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:ligne 249

à PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) dans D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:ligne 801

It could be useful to know that I was usig the 3.5 Alpha version ... :AutoLevel:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...