Jupiter planet like effect

x-lox

In this tutorial, you will learn how to make a planet like object as shown below. I decided to do Jupiter, because of all it's lines and textures. I'm sorry if this has been done before, or if this isn't a good tutorial. I'm new to these forums, and this is my first tutorial.

28s1qnm.png

Before we start:

Plugins needed:

1. http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5271-3D shape

2. http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21706-Random Shape fill

Step one: Make the design

Make the design that you want to use on your planet. These are probably going to be lines. Look at my design below. (Yours does not have to look like mine.)

2i9kxmq.jpg

Step two: Create the shape

Now is where we make the planet shape. Go to effects>render>Shape3D

Set it to plane map.

You can see the settings I put in my example below:

zve71s.jpg

Step Three: The Background

Now we start to add the detail. Use the magic wand, and select all the transparent area. Make sure your primary colour is black, and your secondary white. Colour in all the transparent background black.

20qz8yx.jpg

Step Four: Detail

Now we're adding even more detail. We're going to use the random shape fill to add stars. Add four point stars. Make sure they are set as your secondary colour with no transparency. I set my stars quite small. You can see below.

2ldehcj.jpg

There! You're done! My outcome was this:

28s1qnm.png

I can't wait to see yours. :D

Happy Graphic-ing! :wink: ~x-lox

You need to read the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=26921

Focus on #5, 5a, and 6.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.