Couldnt save images now I cant even open them!

Hi folks,

I hope someone can help. Ive been using Paint.net for ages now and never had any trouble with it until a few weeks ago. I could run the program and I could open any images and do whatever I needed to do with them but I could not save them. The program didnt crash back to the desktop, it would just hang and I would have to go into Task Manager to close it down.

I uninstalled then reinstalled but it made no difference.

Tried again today and now I cant even open any image files. It just hangs again.

Again I have uninstalled then reinstalled but Im getting nowhere.

Help!!!

Ok, me again!

Following on from my last thread I can open some files, I can save some files but not all.

I cant see any reason why I can use some but not others.

Some are jpgs, some are bmps but I cant find any reason why I can use some but not others.

Any ideas anyone?!?!

Ideas? Only one for the moment from myself: are you saving all to the same folder? If so (or not so), does the folder contain any video files of the DivX variety?

I only ask as there is a (known) reported issue regarding this particular video format.

Hmmm, I have videos kinda near but not in the same folder. Does that make sense? My pics that I have been trying to use are in a folder which is in a subfolder of My documents. I have videos in a different folder but in the same subfolder of My documents.

Having said that I have tried different images within the subfolder and some open, some dont.

Have moved the videos elsewhere and its still the same.

I have tried creating a new folder on the desktop and it works fine if I put the pics in there so I think you must be on the right track, something in the subfolder of My documents is upsetting it. I'll have a play around with it and see what I can work out but anymore ideas gratefully received 8)

Thanks

Hmmm, I have videos kinda near but not in the same folder. Does that make sense?
I does indeed, and according to your description, the DivX issue might not have anything to do with your problem.

I'm puzzled by the fact only a few file types save and open in Paint.NET. I cannot think at the moment to a further course of action, my deepest apologies. Perhaps somebody else does - I didn't want to leave you hanging without knowing who was helping or what was being done towards you.

If you are on XP, right-click on the folder (in the explorer) and select "Refresh Thumbnails" or whatever it's called.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio