Sign in to follow this  
Tabou

Sharpen the Emboss Way

Tutorial

The “Emboss Tool” is not what you might expect to use when sharpening an image but, it is actually quite efficient at getting the job done.

click title to view>> "Sharpen The Emboss Way"

---------------------------------------------------------

Thank-you to the Paint.Net Team, as well as the many other contributors for making such a great program free for all.

Wow, that does work well!

Ill have to try this! (From my phone so I doubt it will work well but whatever)

Original:

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb25 ... Ginger.jpg

Outcome:

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb25 ... inger2.png

Hmm, didn't do too much... Looks as though it makes noise more apparent with crappy cameras. :/

Ah yes, when it comes to photos, we cannot always choose the quality. In reality, you just have to work with what you are given.

However, rest assured there are many ways to sharpen a photo. If noise is a problem there are several ways to fix that too. A simple angle or highlight/shadow adjustment is sometimes all you need.

Note: If it is a characteristic of the person Example: age-spots on an elderly man (old-photo) it may be appropriate and, therefore you may consider keeping it. Discolouration can be adjusted through contrasting filters, curves, H&S, etc. but, that's another subject.

Hope this helps, keep trying.

there is no software that can improve the image resolution by shapening an image,  all you can do is reduce the blurriness or add noise.

there are many online image shapneing tutorial you can take a look.  you better look for sharpening features like this before you download.

many editing tool photoshop and gimp have such fuctions.

Edited by pdnnoob
Removed the link. It gave me an untrusted website.

Sign in to follow this