Sword beyond beginners level (image heavy)

oma

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:D

@alex979 that is super. I really like the green it makes this so celtic looking. great job.

@Stiefel theres not too much wrong with that sword. you say you don't like your handle. It's not bad I think its more of a perspective problem there. The blue stone on the top is maybe too large and it overpowers the work you did on that wrapped handle. but over all it looks good.

@madpenguin I do like your versions very much! you've done a fine job as well.

@neomorfo thanks.... but would it surprise you to know I'm a female... and actually I'm an old grandmother. :lol: I like what you've done with the basic tut to make it your own creation. very smart looking.

ciao OMA

@neomorfo thanks.... but would it surprise you to know I'm a female... and actually I'm an old grandmother. I like what you've done with the basic tut to make it your own creation. very smart looking.

oh, sorry for the mistake :oops: , but i will say again you work is amazing, keep working like that, i will be waiting for you next tuto :D

pd: sorry for my english :oops:

I've a few more tuts out there. all teach different little tricks I use in my work.

there's the pear tut for shading that you might enjoy. I did a snowman tut, and a soundwave tut. I'm not sure if my basics of how I do faces is still active or not. but if it isn't I've still the pictures and might just revive that one.

also in my gallery here on paint.net I do many walk thru work in progress shots so you can see little tidbits of ideas that might help you .

the hardest part most times doing a tut is condensing things down to a managable level for beginners to follow.

ciao OMA

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:shock: :shock: :shock: I need another MONTH with paint.NET before I can do this.

You sir are quite wrong. I picked up PDN not that long ago myself and have rapidly learned things from tutorials like this one. This by the way is also my first post here. Two of my attempts at this surprisingly easy to do tut I deviated a bit as light bulbs went off while I was working on them.....now to see if I can make practical use of it on other weapons.

Sword15.jpg

swordclean.jpg

Also I'd like to say before this tut. I indeed was a 'total noob' and there would've been no way I'd ever have figured this out without it.

Lord have mercy, I didn't think this tut would ever end. However, if I ever did have any issues on using the "move selection" tool effectively, they have been resolved. Highly explanatory and detailed tutorial, this was so worth the time it took to make this image. There is so much that can be done with this image though, guess it's going to be my latest obsession. Thank you Oma.

sword2.png

Edited by schmang

• 4 weeks later...