Sword beyond beginners level (image heavy)

oma

@Kutoto I see you finished. very nicely done ... it was great chatting with you by PM. and I'm happy you learned a bit more thru this tut.

I did learn a lot more about all the different tools & techniques. Thank you =)

Where can I find the plugin for Twist 2?

KututoBanner-2.png?t=1258196235

I'm working on a new signature...

Wow!! This is the best freaking tutorial I have ever seen! I was afraid to do it for the longest time.. I kept saying "Nah i'll wait until tomorrow.." But I finally did it! I love this! Its very long but its worth it! Mine isn't the best I'm just happy it came out.. What do you think?

10hljkx.png

The post above probably has crappy art.. Just look past that

:D

thanks you Chris its not a bad sword you made. I think a plainer background a bit darker would help with the focal of your overall picture.

one thing to keep in mind just make the top blade a teeeny tiny teeeny itsy bitsy thiner than what you currently have and you will have more definition for the shine. I know you said you didn't think yours was the best but really it is more than perfectly good ,,its great. .

I know its a long tut but wanted to give some of the newer just beyond beginners the feel of really working on an image. I'm sure glad you finally tried this and hope you learned a few little tips in the making of your nice sword.

ciao OMA

have you tried it? many just beyond beginners have and show their good results. buckle down and get to work. :lol::lol::lol: just joking try it. it will help you learn a few little tips and tricks. go slow I try to explain every step so beginners don't get lost. if you don't get it first time that's fine. just try it again later.

ciao

OMA

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much Oma for, yet again, another clever tutorial. I did things I never knew existed in this lesson. You are SO clever knowing how to do these things.

Oma_green_man_sword.jpg

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

OMA to the rescue you hit that poor little green man on the foot with a pointy sharp sword.

great job nanettealsop, I'm glad you learned some new tricks doing this tut. That tells me I was successful. It was long but I remember all the little things that tripped me up learning so tried to put in little tidbits of info for newbies so they could get some nice results. .

thanks for trying it out, it is a very fine looking sword. .

ciao OMA

• 2 weeks later...

Um...wow, okay. I'm like a total noob to the Paint.Net. I've had it for a few months but never really used it except for to crop a few pics here and there. However, last week I got interested in photo editing and on Sunday I started to read some of these tutorials. Excellent stuff and immensely helpful.

Anyway, Oma, I can't necessarily say that I followed your tut, but it did mega-inspire me. I just had to create my own sword, just to get in some practice with some of those other great techniques and plug-ins I'm encountered. However, I wanted to do something a little more elegant and cleaner than the example shown. Loosely following your (and quite a few others) guidelines, I manage to create something I never thought in a million years I could manage. Here it is...

SwordDisplay.png

Hopefully that worked. I'm still a bit shaky on the code stuff.

Anyway, the only thing borrowed in the pic is the dragon shape which came from Ikkitousen anime logo. Everything else was done from scratch with the help of these tutorials.

Thanks for the great inspiration!

Calamity

• 1 month later...
have you tried it? many just beyond beginners have and show their good results. buckle down and get to work. :lol::lol::lol: just joking try it. it will help you learn a few little tips and tricks. go slow I try to explain every step so beginners don't get lost. if you don't get it first time that's fine. just try it again later.

ciao

OMA

yah just like me when i did it. I was very much a beginner.

• 2 weeks later...

:D certainly you go right ahead and change to what ever font you like to use. I just used that one here in the tut because I like the looks of it. If you look thru the other posts you will see many people doing the tut modified it to their own tastes.

hope to see your finished sword posted here for all to admire.

ciao OMA

• 2 weeks later...