Sword beyond beginners level (image heavy)

oma

• 4 months later...

Lol! EPIC tut! All of your steps were easy to follow! :D Here's my end result-

smallsword.png

Mysignature.png

Click signature to visit my blog!

:D

"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and Today is a gift. That's why they call it the present. - Anonymous"

This is one of the first tuts I tried when I first started a couple of months ago. The results looked so cool, I had to make the attempt. I gave up in frustration. Although I'm still a beginner, I am proud I got through the tut this time without too much trouble. I added stuff I have made from other tuts, etc. Maybe there's too much going on in this image, but any pointers would be welcome. I attempted to lean the sword back a little.

Also, I think a step to use conditional hue on the curved part of the hand guard was left out. Although the image below where this step is omitted shows the effects of that plugin. Anyone else notice this?

Oops, I just noticed Oma's added steps to modify the sword's blade edge and handle. I'll have to try this later and see if I like the change. I don't know how I missed it the first time because I read through all of the posts.

th_swordhelmetshield.pngThanks for this great tut!

Edited by Bob11

• 5 months later...

This tutorial rocks! You, my friend, are a genius! Here's my attempt:

sword-Copy.png

Not exactly original, but I'll learn to tweak it more as I go along. Thanks for this great tutorial!

For the aura around the sword, I used the techniques outlined in Mixgoom's Dramatic Fire Text tutorial, with the exception that I used a reflected gradient. I kinda like how it turned out. Subtle, yet effective.

Edited by RedBeard
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love this tut! It is definitely one of my favorites. I like that it taught me techniques to use for other projects and not only how to make the object from the tut.

I played around a little using the steps and techniques of this tut and here is one my attempts...

sword3smallx.jpg

Thank you again for an absolutely great tut! This indeed will prove a handy learning experience for me.

• Upvote 1
dynojugglersigsmall-1.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well oma you never cease to amaze me with your skill and creativity!

This was a brilliant tutorial and I learned loads of skills nonetheless my sword didn't come out to well "My fault not yours."

Here is an image of it.

bladeoftheron.png

signatureui.png

There never was a good war, or a bad peace. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN, Poor Richard's Almanac

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

.16299185_274620092963119_692570923798918

Ty for an awesome tutorial...i thought it would be hard to follow but it only took me a couple tries to work out the 'kinks'...so love all these tuts makes it easier for me to know my way around PDN when your creating something awesome. And after a few mistakes you kinda rembr and makes it easier for next time. Also the more i learn the more i combine and experiment with what i learn. Don't ever stop having fun and experimenting people...never know what you might come up with

• Upvote 2

"I'm not a Human being. I walk in Eternity."
- The Doctor

Pretty moon alt small.gif

^^ Nice sword! you've done well with this tutorial LePurr.

Sadly, Oma doesn't drop by much these days. She was certainly one of the best.

• Ego Eram Reputo featured this topic