JaceMan's LAME Attempts at PDN Design -- 3/19/2009

JaceMan

In this thread I'm going to post the images of all of the Twitter backgrounds that I create using PDN. Please go easy on me, I don't profess to being a graphic designer like many of you. The work I see here is amazing! I am VERY MUCH an amateur, and not even a good one, at that. So, I don't expect praise (Not worthy of any to begin with), but please don't drop too many hot coals on me either. I'm doing the best I can.

JaceMansGallery.png

Most Recent Update/s: Googleville Slugger -- First non-abstract piece that I created from scratch.

My first two...

From MY Twitter Profile

jacebarnett-thumb.png

My Friend MikeF1182's Profile

mikef1182-thumb.png

I plan to make a few more for some other pals... assuming they actually want them. I hope to get better and better as I go. Truth be told, I decided to start doing this for the purpose of improving my skills with PDN. *fingers crossed*

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Additions Since Originals

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

My Friend Susan Helander's Profile

susan-helander-thumb.png

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Images without Thumbnails... a.k.a. images other than Twitter backgrounds

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Pleasantville Amanda

Hidden Content:
This one is very bittersweet for me. This is my bride on our wedding day. The reason it's bittersweet is we're currently going through a divorce I have wanted no part of, and have fought the last 14 months against. She and her family picked up the rest of her stuff Sunday after church. So, I made this today -- looking back through our wedding album. This is the best my shaky hand and teary eyes could accomplish.

Pleasantville-Amanda-600x900.jpg

Presidential JaceMan

Hidden Content:
voteJaceMan.jpg

Abstractly Orange

Hidden Content:
abstractly-orange.png

Floyd Meets Garcia

Hidden Content:
Floyd-Meets-Garcia.jpg

Googleville Slugger

Hidden Content:
Here's a "baseball bat" emblazoned with the logo of a new product I plan to launch soon.

googleville-slugger-bat.png

I may not be "the best," but I'm PRETTY DARN GOOD!

I like all backgrounds; they're very creative. The colors are really nice, too. :)

Thanks Helen. I'm trying my best not to go making anything too complex until I feel up to the challenger. So, we'll stay basic and GRADUALLY turn up the difficulty.

• 2 weeks later...

JaceMan- Honestly, I think you have potential. Don't think you are an amateur. I think myself as one, but be open to constructive criticism and I see potential.

Your picture of your former wife is a perfect example. While I am not fond of the "plesantville" effect or the "sin city" effect, the attempt you create with the picture captured your emotion. While you may not be aware, the color choices you make reflect your mood, and your emotions.

Keep it up, and please, change the title of your gallery.

And like Welshblue, I went through a bad divorce with my 1st wife, but ended up with an awesome wife who fills me in every way possible. I'm sorry for your loss, and it's good you found a medium to express your sorrow.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

• 2 weeks later...

I've pretty much stuck to mainly editing images and photos that already exist, unless it was an abstract creation. Today, I created my first piece of work from scratch -- The Googleville Slugger. And while it's not all that great, I don't think it's lousy either. I'm reasonably pleased with the result.

Let me know what you think.