Think it'd be okay to make a blog of PaINT.net tutorials?

spiederman

I was wondering do you think it'd be alright to make like an archive blog of paint.net tutorials and give the original author(s) their credit in the blog? and maybe a link to the artists profile in there?

Definitely not without permission. Besides, I doubt there'd be much point as you're not adding value and your blog would probably be less well-known than this forum.

KaHuc.png

Simon is correct: definitely not without permission. You may link to the thread in which the tutorial resides, but you may not repost the tutorials. That's a violation of copyright.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I was wondering do you think it'd be alright to make like an archive blog of paint.net tutorials and give the original author(s) their credit in the blog? and maybe a link to the artists profile in there?

How much would you be paying the original authors to reproduce their tutorials?

Would it still be a violation of copyright if you were to just have a link like this - but not re-produce them?

PDN Tutorials:

Ash's glass tutorial

Ash shows us how to create glass in PDN. Link goes here to PDN tutorials page.

Random tutorial

Random tutorial Link goes here to PDN tutorials page.

Would it still be a violation of copyright if you were to just have a link like this...
That's what I meant by this:
You may link to the thread in which the tutorial resides, but you may not repost the tutorials. That's a violation of copyright.
;-)
How much would you be paying the original authors to reproduce their tutorials?...
Ahh, BoltBait. You capitalist. :-P

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Actually, that was my way of educating spiederman (the OP).

The thought that should spring to his mind is this: "Good point. Why should I benefit from the hard work of others without paying them?"

David, I was trying to be sneaky and you ruined it. :(

:lol:

I don't get your point. Everything on that wikibook was posted with the express consent of the person who wrote it. That's why none of the official Paint.NET documentation appears there - it's not licensed.