Spacescape help

I see you have a Deviantart account. If I were you, I would search on DevART for things like planet, spacescape, and nebula tutorials. They will be geared towards Photoshop, but it should give you a general idea.

@Commander: Come on. You're a pro in spacescapes. Maybe you can give the person a few tips? :wink:

Hey, it's what I do. :)

There are a wide variety of tutorials on DevART, from beginner to expert, so I think it's a good place to begin.

@Oma: I have followed that tutorial, and have a picture like that, you can check my gallery. But I want to know how to make something like Commander's sig. See how there is mist surrounding the planet? And the planet has detail? THAT is what I want to know how to do.

@Commander: I checked on DA, but I didn't exactly find what I was looking for, thanks for the help though, maybe I can adapt those tuts to other things.

Have a read of these and follow along with the tuts. I think you`ll find it interesting and a big help with spacescapes.

http://worldnewser.googlepages.com/spaceandtherelative

http://gallery.artofgregmartin.com/tuts ... field.html

Don`t forget to post your work. :wink:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

So you want a Commandersozo's sig tut?

Hmmmm, don't we all? =P

Chris, to make the planet pop out, you can use S3D with no lighting to make the texture wrap round into a ball, and add lighting yourself. Lighting is tough, but possible. Its mainly inner glow, and outer glow with a shadow.

These tuts may help with the inner glow:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=22034&hilit=glass+text

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20691&hilit=glass+text

Its the opposite for the outer glow. ;)

For the shadow, use the PS tuts, its possible. (PS soft brush = pdn brush + pdn gaussian blur )

Hope i helped. =)

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

So you want a Commandersozo's sig tut?

Hmmmm, don't we all? =P

Sorry, I'm still working out how to make a tut. :P

Chris, to make the planet pop out, you can use S3D with no lighting to make the texture wrap round into a ball, and add lighting yourself. Lighting is tough, but possible. Its mainly inner glow, and outer glow with a shadow.

Also, I've found that the Plane map and Plane Map Scalable work best for keeping the texture undistorted.