Restoring "corrupt" file?

Is there any way to restore a corrupt image in PDN? The thing is that I had an image saved, but then my computer stopped working and I shut it off. I went to open up the file and this message appeared, "The file is corrupt or was saved with a newer version of Paint.NET." I can still see the thumbnail, but I can't open it.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I tried attaching the .pdn file, but it says it's invalid. It's all right. I mean, I'm working on it all over again. I hope everything will be fine this time. I just wanted to see it it was retrievable.

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Opened the file in Notepad++, took notes based on the image width and height including layer numbers, created a new Paint.NET File using the saved information then compared which parts were missing or corrupt in the original and replaced where needed. A very dirty process that could probably be better done by someone else.

Edit: Simon got it right ;)

signature.png

Too bad the corrupted file was .pdn. Elsewise, the file would've been easily recoverable by opening it in MS Paint (seriously, it works; just about the only thing the program is good for, too :wink:)

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

• 2 weeks later...

I finally revived it. Well, by redoing the whole project. Thank you all for answering and giving me inspiration through your answers. If you'd like to visit, just go to my gallery. Helen's Graphics

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA