Sign in to follow this  
yellowman

3d advanced curved text

when you hit the button to add a layer, in the layer window, the layer added is automaticaly transparent. when adding text to thyis layer, the words will be visible. do not confuse transparent with hidden/invisible

transparent means there is nothing added to the layer and you can see thru it, hidden(when you have unchecked the visibility box) means you cant see the layer at all

as far as the multicolour gradient-he mentioned it but didnt provide instructions- i guess becuase you dont have to use it--- anyway, once your text is on a transparent layer, using the magic wand tool set to 0 tollerance, hold shift and select anywhere outside your text, the press Ctrl-I , which will invert your selection, run the gradient, after which you will need to hit Ctrl-d or hit enter, to deselect

Edited by mountnman

@mountnman, thank you very much for the explanation, couldn't explain it better than you.

@jackpelter, sorry for the confusion, try to be creative and apply your own effects,

I think this Tutorials rule is applying here in this case,"10. By and large, you should lean toward publishing tutorials that depict concepts and procedures well, and not just a specific result. We don't want to lead people by the hand; we want to help them become better. You know the old adage, "If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he'll eat for the rest of his life." Let's teach, not just show"

However, if you have any question, please post it here, it doesn't matter how easy or difficult you think the question is,

. You know the old adage, "If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he'll eat for the rest of his life."

and i thought it was.. "If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer for the rest of his life."

and i thought it was.. "If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer for the rest of his life."

and I thought it was, "teach a man to fish and even if he doesn't catch anything, he's still glad he sat there all day .."

Look who saw your tutorial:

b273ac411183968dd40003fa376c6516.jpg

Actually, the text looks very nice in that image. It's absolutely everything else that makes me want to flee for my life and innocence.

Edited by AGJM

Great tutorial yellowman!  I was curious how you made the ring. I tried using your method and it did not come out like yours.  What image did you start with?

I realize it has been a long time since the original post was made. So I hope you are still around and can respond. 

Thanks

Yours:

post-135853-0-27807600-1398460317_thumb.

Mine:

post-135853-0-57621900-1398460608_thumb.

@ Brazos, as I remember, here I used two halves for the ring when rendering it in the Shape-3D plugin.

This quick video will help you, the quality of the resulted shape is not that good, but I am sure you will understand the concepts.

Please let me know if have any question. :)

http://youtu.be/TGTcRjB7Cnc

I've found this nice tutorial by chance the other day. Short, entertaining and effective :)

A quick first test (I now realize I should have polished a few text borders before posting ?)

3d_adv_curved_text_tute_test_1.jpg

And I used the technique to make a birthday greeting for a friend:

3d_adv_curved_text_tute_test_2.jpg

I hope @yellowman returns sometime.

• Like 3