Sign in to follow this  
yellowman

3d advanced curved text

Thank you every one, I am glad to see you liking this tutorial, but I want you also to know that this tutorial is just to teach some concepts of 3D text, don't just follow the steps as they are to make same model, I want you to be creative and make your own images using your own ideas and effects, I know it is difficult for some in the beginning but by time with practicing on PDN I am sure it will be easy to you .

Here are some new images just to see how powerful is the PDN I hope you will like them:

.......Beveled Text.......

3Dtextbevel.jpg

.......colored.......

3dcurvedcolors.jpg

.......Gold.......

3dgold.jpg

Very nice effect/tutorial yellowman. I especially like what you did with the image in the middle. Any chance you can share which effect/plugin you used to create that particular bg effect? I'd like to create a similar effect, but with different colors for a project I'm working on. :)

Thank you every one, I am glad to see you liking this tutorial, but I want you also to know that this tutorial is just to teach some concepts of 3D text, don't just follow the steps as they are to make same model, I want you to be creative and make your own images using your own ideas and effects, I know it is difficult for some in the beginning but by time with practicing on PDN I am sure it will be easy to you .

Here are some new images just to see how powerful is the PDN I hope you will like them:

3Dtextbevel.jpg

.......colored.......

3dcurvedcolors.jpg

.......Gold.......

3dgold.jpg

Very nice effect/tutorial yellowman. I especially like what you did with the image in the middle. Any chance you can share which effect/plugin you used to create that particular bg effect? I'd like to create a similar effect, but with different colors for a project I'm working on. :)

3Dtextbevel.jpg

.......colored.......

3dcurvedcolors.jpg

.......Gold.......

3dgold.jpg

3Dtextbevel.jpg

.......colored.......

3dcurvedcolors.jpg

.......Gold.......

3dgold.jpg

ChitoDog thank you so much, and about the the hexagons background just follow these 3 easy steps, but you need MadJik plugin Hexagonal Grid to render it:

1-On a white layer apply Hexagonal Grid plugin (image1 below)

2-Invert colors( Negative ).

3-Use Rotate/Zoom effect find it under Layers button(image 2 below). That's all :)

ChitoDog thank you so much, and about the the hexagons background just follow these 3 easy steps, but you need MadJik plugin Hexagonal Grid to render it:

3-Use Rotate/Zoom effect find it under Layers button(image 2 below). That's all :)

Wow, a million thanks yellowman! Totally appreciate the info and the mini tut on how to actually create the effect. I'll d/l the plugin and get right to work. :wink: Thanks again! :D

Wow, a million thanks yellowman! Totally appreciate the info and the mini tut on how to actually create the effect. I'll d/l the plugin and get right to work. :wink: Thanks again! :D

Thanks for the tutorial Yellowman - that 'inward' zoom text effect is a pretty smart idea. Great work 8)

I don't have Shape3D. I already have installed it from another site.. but I don't know how to put that in Paint.net!

Can you help me? Because I wanna make things with Shape3D.

Thanx :wink:

I don't have Shape3D. I already have installed it from another site.. but I don't know how to put that in Paint.net!

Can you help me? Because I wanna make things with Shape3D.

Thanx :wink:

Download the plugin, and save it in the Effect folder of the Paint.NET, usually this path (C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects)

Or for more help, visit this site, everything is explained with clear details:

http://boltbait.googlepages.com/install

"Thanks BoltBait for the site"

And you can read this too:

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2023

You are welcome.

Sorry, i cant make it. I havent gotten off the computer since i posted that reply and i cant make it. I thought if i filled the canvas with black and then made colored circles all around it then use the shape 3D sphere effect and then make the glass or chrome or whatever plates but it didnt work. I also tried about 5 other other methods but none of them worked either. But im sure one of the more experienced pdn users like Oma could make one. Im not sure if hed want to but im sure if he did it would turn out great.

Don't give up, you almost there, make sure your canvas is:

-square shape not rectangle,

-and fill it with black(as you did),

-then add a new layer (keep it transparent) and put the colored circles on this layer,

-then run Shape 3D on the black layer,

-and then run it also on the layer with circles with same stetting but make sure to use Half Sphere Map on this time on this layer,

-duplicate circled layer and Zoom blur only one layer once or twice and you're done.

EDIT/ I posed the method then I used it to make the image, check how much time I spent..?

About 10 minutes and this is first time with no additional effects.

Good luck.

This one was a real pain in the rear end. I moved it so much and adjusted the zoom that it left artifacts behind. Let me know what you think. Resized to 600x600.

allfiredup.gif

Try again...This one is without the grid to show you the artifacts I mentioned. If you want to know the font it is called yaki goma from dafont.com.

allfiredupwithoutgrid.gif

Here is my try

3dbulletimage.png

Bullet for my valentine is a band! :D My favorite band :twisted:

please tell me how to install the 'shape 3D'? from where i can download it? if i download a zip file what i will do?