yellowman

3d advanced curved text

-I made a long search in the forum before posting this tutorial so:

-If this tutorial has been submitted before please admin just neglect it and lock it.

-Friends, please If there is any misspellings or grammar mistakes inform me to correct it.

In this tutorial we will learn how to create a 3D Curved Text like this:

image8-1-1.jpg

Primary plug-ins for this tut are:

1-Shape 3D (Effects > Render > Shape 3D)

2-Transparency (Adjustments > Transparency)

3-Zoom blur :ZoomBlurEffect: (Effects > Blurs > Zoom Blur...)

Secondary plug-ins are:

1-Multi Color Gradient (Effects > Renders > Multi Color Gradients)

2-Outline Selection (Effects > Selection > Outline Selection)

1-

-Open new file with size 2000 x 2000 px

-Using Paint Bucket fill it with black color

-Add new transparent layer and name it Fonts

-Write your words on the Fonts layer with the text and color you like leaving some space from the left and right edges of the canvas(try to make the fonts large enough, In this tutorial I used Gradient and Multi Color Gradient to color the word PaintDotNet)

-Try to align the words in the center of the Image

You will get something like this Image:

image1.jpg

2-

-Use the Shape 3D plug-in with the amounts and effects shown in red numbers below:

image2.jpg

3-

-Duplicate the Fonts layer and name the new layer Rays

-Put the Fonts layer on top then Rays then Background

To get something like this:

image3.jpg

4-

-Select the Rays layer and apply the Zoom Blur on it with the amount you like as shown below(I slide it to 90) to add rays to the fonts

To get like this image:

image4.jpg

5-

-Select Rays layer to add some Opaque Using the Transparency plug-in( I slide it to 35)

To get this image:

image5.jpg

6-

-Select the Fonts layer and with using the Rectangle Select tool form Tools list, select only the words letters in this layer, like this:

image6.jpg

7-

This is the most important and detailed step in this tutorial so make it so exact

-Using Move Selected Pixels :MoveTool: tool form Tools list try to enlarge the selected area by stretching it form corners and cover the wide end of the rays in the Rays layer to get this image below:

image7.jpg

I made this short Animated GIF file to show you how to stretch the selected fonts in the Fonts layer I hope it will be helpful:

strech.gif

8-

-Add some effects as you like to the image , I added white edges to the letters using Outline Selection plug-in and got this final image below:

image8-1-1.jpg

I hope this tutorial will be helpful and clear to you , thank you for visiting and a big thank you to PAINT DOT NET creators.

Edited by toe_head2001
Fixed broken Photobucket images
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

That is awesome ! Very good job on guiding users through each step. Even I could follow it, and I am very new to PdN. I can see so many applications for this, I just can't wait to try some more. Another thing I can't wait to try is with other fonts. I used the Realvirtue font which has only serifs on certain letters. I imagine that more complex fonts will give more unusual effects. I did a little different kind of outline on mine, and used the water reflection plugin. Thanks so much ! Wow.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Logos/HCF3D_2.jpg

Edited by Possum Roadkill

rtargo20 said:
Very good tutorial and easy to follow. My try....

Very nice ! You did the 3-D part much better than I did. Can you give me any tips to get mine to arc better, yours is so smooth and even.

th_BREAKNEWSShaped.jpg

Very nice ! You did the 3-D part much better than I did. Can you give me any tips to get mine to arc better, yours is so smooth and even.

I think: Play with the depth radius of the sphere.

Good tut...

th_BREAKNEWSShaped.jpg

I think: Play with the depth radius of the sphere.

Good tut...

Thanks, I'll give that a try. That is one really complex plug in. There are so many variables it will take me a long time to really understand it. Thanks for the tip !

Thank you every one, I am glad to see you liking this tutorial, but I want you also to know that this tutorial is just to teach some concepts of 3D text, don't just follow the steps as they are to make same model, I want you to be creative and make your own images using your own ideas and effects, I know it is difficult for some in the beginning but by time with practicing on PDN I am sure it will be easy to you .

Here are some new images just to see how powerful is the PDN I hope you will like them:

.......Beveled Text.......

3Dtextbevel.jpg

.......colored.......

3dcurvedcolors.jpg

.......Gold.......

3dgold.jpg

Edited by toe_head2001
Fixed broken Photobucket images
  • Like 1

Thank you Gamer_World14, I am waiting to see what you could create. :)

And thank you very much all of Possum Roadkill, Tabou and Bob for your kind words, I am sorry to be late to respond to your comments in this thread

th_3dbulletimage.png

McyD...That is really awesome, I love the fonts style and the way you managed the words, you made a great job. :P

@ LJXD... Thanks so much, I am glad you like them, and you can also do this using same technique:

ringholes600x450.png

th_3dbulletimage.png

McyD...That is really awesome, I love the fonts style and the way you managed the words, you made a great job. :P

@ LJXD... Thanks so much, I am glad you like them, and you can also do this using same technique:

ringholes600x450.png