Suggestion: Vertical and horizontal spacing for text

Ah well, it's all in the title really. I'd like to see the text tool be given the ability to pull letters tighter together, or push them further away, as well as the ability to pull lines of text closer to each other. I do this by hand when I need to (and I do, considering that's the theme I chose for the web pages I'm designing at the moment...) by selecting each letter and pasting it on a new layer, then working with that, but it takes a lot of and it's very imprecise.

szhxndxksmmwsy.png

As you can see, it yields interesting results.

So, is there a possibility to see this come our way in the future? Thanks. :)

I don't know if there are many programs out that actually allow you to change the kerning value outside of DTP, and PDN doesn't have its own internal font with which to do that. I don't think this could easily be supported.

That's why I figured that 4.0 is probably the earliest it could get done.

I like this idea, too.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Well, yeah. :roll:

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

.... I do this by hand when I need to (and I do, considering that's the theme I chose for the web pages I'm designing at the moment...)

You are familiar with the CSS elements line-height and letter-spacing aren't you?

p
{ 
line-height: 140%;
letter-spacing: -3px;
}