scrolling things not meant to be scrolled

gubment_cheez

Hello, I'm using PDN on a laptop that has a trackpad, the trackpad doesn't have a scroll wheel, instead it has areas on the pad that act as a scroll wheel (the bottom, and the right sides of the trackpad, but that's irrelevent), there are times when moving the mouse that the mouse moves over a window and then that windows contents scrolls out of view. I'm not sure exactly how I achieve that, but it has happened on both the tool toolbar, and the tool window.

after further exploration of this phenomenom, I've discovered that if I scroll to the left or right when the cursor is over the tool list window, or a tool's toolbar, the window or toolbar will scroll out of sight. the scrolling doesn't seem to happen when scrolling up or down

You know the place.

a clarification of the previous post. When I scroll horizontally, the toolbar tool window scrolls vertically, and when I scroll vertically, the toolbar or tool window doesn't scroll at all

You know the place.

When I scroll horizontally, the toolbar tool window scrolls vertically, and when I scroll vertically, the toolbar or tool window doesn't scroll at all
Confirmed.

A fresh re-install is require to grab the tools back from oblivion, as resetting the windows' location does nothing, nor switching the visibility on and off.

Confirmed, with screenshots. Hover over the Tools menu with your pointer (I did it with my laptop's touchpad) and use the scroll wheel to scroll to the right (this is why it might not work with a mouse, which usually only goes vertically). This happens:

scrollproblem.png

1. As it should be.

2. It starts to move. The bottom row of tools vanishes.

3. After scrolling a bit further, the right column vanishes.

4. A bit further, every tool vanishes.

5. If you release, then scroll all the way back to the left again, it will reappear, but it won't go all the way back to the top until you restart the program. This seems to depend on how far away you scroll after the tools vanish; if I go just far enough to make them all vanish, they'll go back to the point shown here. If I go further, I can make the bottom row of tools completely disappear and never come back until I restart. (note: if you don't release after you scroll right, it'll go back to normal. It only shows #5 when the scroll is released)

I can't repro your second half of the bug, Myrddin, whereby they vanish and will not return until a reinstall. Mine all come back on a restart.

By the way, gubment_cheez - I love your location. Aaaaaaaalbuquerque!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Hey, David Atwell nailed it squarely on the head. it also happens with the toolbars. here's a screenshot to show it.

creating a new window (of any sort) seemed to correct the problem, with the exception of the tool selector which actually disappeared when a new window was opened

bugshow.png

You know the place.

I can't repro your second half of the bug, Myrddin, whereby they vanish and will not return until a reinstall.
That's because it might not be a bug per se, rather additional to the same bug. I believe I scrolled too far for a restart to reinstate the tools' location, resulting in the need to reinstall.

I suppose I'm detailing the most extreme consequence of the bug. Well, no, the most extreme would be having the toolbars never returning, but let's not jinx it now...

Myriddin, I've never had to reinstall PDN to fix this issue, I've had to save my work and restart PDN a couple times though. and nothing I can think of would require a reinstall of PDN, because PDN doesn't save the scrolled position of any windows, just the window location, afaik. unless Rick is doing some voodoo with saving image portal locations (like Adobe Acrobat saves the location you're at in a PDF file) for a future version of PDN.

You know the place.

Are you able to scroll the Colors, Layers, or History windows?

Cool be the .NET "ToolStrip" stuff is just mishandling a horizontal scroll event (or not blocking its handling).

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Are you able to scroll the Colors, Layers, or History windows?

Only the scrollable part in the Layers and History windows when the content exceeds the window size.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.