My Problem

ukapolog

Hi There!

I did exactly what you suggested but when I pressed Ctl and A and then delete (I found it impossible to press all 3 together), the second picture still remained on top of the original background one which I selected, and the part was indeed cut out as I wished - but it disappeared!

So the second pic I added (which I wanted to take a detail out of) remained right on top of the other one and the part I cut out was indeed removed but disappeared.

More help please??

I am very grateful, by the way.

Hi There!

I did exactly what you suggested but when I pressed Ctl and A and then delete (I found it impossible to press all 3 together), the second picture still remained on top of the original background one which I selected, and the part was indeed cut out as I wished - but it disappeared!

So the second pic I added (which I wanted to take a detail out of) remained right on top of the other one and the part I cut out was indeed removed but disappeared.

More help please??

I am very grateful, by the way.

Ehm... You don't need any key strokes with more than a key (+ modifier ctrl). Press Ctrl+I, release. Now everything except your cut out part is selected. Then press Delete and release :D (this way, all the stuff you don't want will disappear and not the piece you want :roll:)

or do as trickman said.