Quick way to add same text to 1000's of photo's?

Photography is a hobby of mine & I need to add my name & date (eg. copyright C.Ish 2009) to literally 1000's of my pictures. I've used paint.net before, but have never been able to figure out how to add the same text to multiple photos without having to type the text in each & every individual picture. I can take easily take 100's of pictures at airshows & the like, & then I would have to spend hours adding my name to each one. Most of these pics end up on various web site & forums.

Is there like a stamp feature, or a paste feature where I could just choose the location on the picture & press a couple of buttons, thereby adding my signature?

Also, is the copyright symbol anywhere on Paint.net, or someplace else where I can download it?

Thanks in advance.

Chris Ish

Try Simon Brown's re-editable text plugin with pyrochild's Scriptlab and Batch Processor. Trust me. It'll work. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Depending on the image, you will perhaps need to choose the place for the text or change the color.

Black text on black/dark part of the image is unreadable.

Or you should create the text with a contrasted halo, so it will be readable in any case. But then, it isn't anymore "add text" but "add image"...

All of this can be done with pyrochild's ScriptLab plugin.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.