Gah! my PDN won't re-download!

So, the other day I realized I had about zilch disk space left. I start going through my old files to do a little spring cleaning. After deleting a ton of stuff, my recycle bin was full, so I had to empty it. Next day, i go to open PDN and...

GAH!

It's gone!

So, no problem I figure. I just go and re-download it and the few plugins I had, right?

Wrong.

I get to the PDN download page, get the installation started, etc. About half way through, an error pops up.

"There was an error while installing Paint.Net. (1603)

Fatal error during installation"

Okay, so I groan, restart the installation, same thing happens.

I throw up my hands in disdain and mutter at my computer for being such an idiot.

(at this point my brother gives me a very strange look)

Anyway, does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? I really miss PDN and I'm ready to stab myself in the eyes from using paint.

thanks,

(with hearts and other intimate organs)

'squid

bespectacledsquidbeafraid-1.png

( )

(let's get these teen hearts beating Faster!)

.................................................. ............................................Faster !

Are you sure you just didn't delete the shortcut to PDN? Just create a new shortcut on your desktop with the destination to "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe"

Or you could have partially removed some of the files from PDN (highly unlikely) or something might have accidenlty been moved. Just go to your control panel and "Add or remove programs" Unintall PDN then try again.

Just one thing, the question should have been, Gah! My PDN Won't re-install! :D Good luck!

Are you sure you just didn't delete the shortcut to PDN? Just create a new shortcut on your desktop with the destination to "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe"

Or you could have partially removed some of the files from PDN (highly unlikely) or something might have accidenlty been moved. Just go to your control panel and "Add or remove programs" Unintall PDN then try again.

Just one thing, the question should have been, Gah! My PDN Won't re-install! :D Good luck!

Yeah, I'm sure it's not the shortcut. And if it was, why would there still be an error when re-installing?

I tried going to the control panel and uninstalling it, but it came up with the same error Dx

( )

.................................................. ............................................Faster !

*facepalm*

Sorry, didn't realize there even was a troubleshoot forum xD

Be sure to check out all the info in the big sticky, all-capitals post in this section. Even if you think a tip doesn't pertain, it might.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Already checked it out, tried a bunch of the things mentioned and a few just don't even fit my problem xD

But yeah...it's making me sad >.>

( )